Wednesday, January 2, 2008

"Goodbye 2007, Hello 2008!"

What an eventful year 2007 had been but, it was great to ring in the New Year of 2008! We celebrated with the Cliffords and the Weenigs in Down Town San Diego's Gas Lamp District. We started the night off eating at Rob and mines favorite restaurant, Morton's Steak House. It was my last guilty meal before my New Year's "It's Not too Late to Get Fit in 08'" new body resolution. Dinner did not disappoint, how could Filet Oskar ever do that? The Gas Lamp was an experience, there was so much "People Watching" to do! We even boogied-down with the Hari Krishnas! And just when it was about to strike 12:00 Midnight, Rob decided to be a good Samaritan and help an Over-Heated Motorist in distress (my hero)! I hope you aren't worrying about the poor kids left at home? Don't!!! Lauren planned a Guitar-Hero Dance Party. The kids also carried on the tradition of Banging the Pots and Pans together at the strike of twelve (Happy Dad?)!! We made sure to call them at Midnight to wish them a happy New Year and tell them to go to bed. My high light of the night...my New Year's kiss, does it get any better than this!?

"Happy New Year!!!"

11 comments:

Heather said...

That poor little boys face!!!

He's all put. me. to. bed.

I just want to kiss those cheeks.

AnnEE said...

You want to kiss Rob's cheeks? That's weird, Heather.

We undecorated our tree, and then, when we turned the tv channel to see the countdown, we realized we had missed it, and gave each other a peace sign from across the room. Truly a magical New Years.

Jeff said...

I'm imagining you and Rob falling in that last picture. Ahaha. It would have been great.

Carrie said...

Looks like you had such a blast! I think I was in bed by 9p.m. I am so not fun! I enjoy what little sleep I can get!

shayla said...

YUMMMMM. I'm salivating just looking at the filet oskar! Looks like you did party hardy Mormon style!

Ashley Clark said...

Everyone wants to kiss the bishop.

queenieweenie said...

I'm so offended my allergy attack didn't make in on your blog! Seriously, loved ringin' in the new year with you guys!

Lauren said...

hey rach!!! my mom is wanting a new backround for her blog, what was that website that we used called??

brooke said...

You party animals! But I already knew that~!

Marcie said...

You guys are so stinkin cute! It looks like it was a great New Year's Eve! We had gotten back from UT the night before and were just relaxing and watching DVDs of "The Office." The last one ended when they were counting down on tv! I got my kiss too, although it wasn't as dramatic as yours! :)

Amy Proctor Timmerman said...

I LOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEE Morton's! Looks like fun - sure beats washing vomit out of clothes and hair for the tenth time that day!