Meet Misty, our newest addition to the family! After 4 long months of hoping, it saddens my heart to write that our sweet Cat Zack was never found. It was tremendo
usly hard on Madison and she has been patient with the process to find a Kitty to fill Zack's void in her heart. Zack was the best cat and will never be forgotten. For Christmas, Madison received a New Kitten Collar, Kitten Toys and Cat Food. She just needed a cat to go with them. After looking for kittens
on the web we found one at a local shelter. She was an older Cat that seemed perfect. It didn't take long to find out she didn't like Colby, didn't like to be held and hid from us a
ll the time. She was not a match for our family. The older the Cat, the harder it is to train them to adapt to your family's life style. We ended up taking her back, I know she will make someone else very happy.Finally, we found Misty at a non-profit private shelter. Maddie fell in love with her at first sight. She is an adorable Diluted Tortoise Shell breed. She doesn't mind being carried around all the time and she purrs the minute you touch her.
Colby, well let's just say she doesn't mind him either. But, she'll get used to him, she's young. Madison is taking such great care of her baby. I only have to remind her once in a while to clean her litter box. It's so good to see the excitement in Madison's eyes again!
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
"Introducing... Cat #3"
Posted by Hazen5 at 3:45 PM
Labels: Madison 08', Misty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
I don't usually like animals, but yours are really cute. Way to go Madison!
Oh Misty...too bad you make me misty (and sneezy and wheezy!)
As a fellow cat person, I congratulate you on the newest member of your family. I hope she has a long life with you. When my last cat died, I thought I would never stop crying. I felt ridiculous.
ohhh misty. i love it!! I'm so glad i got to meet her, and loved the circumstances it was under. i love how maddie has such a heart for animals. i miss you guys!
I had to do the dirty work and take the first one back. In exchange for that, Maddie told me that she would name the new one either Sprinkles or Garbage. What a bait and switch!
Bears eat bears...nice!
Awwwww! Cute kitty. We've got two black & white boy cats. They're the terror of the cul-de-sac (at least they think so...) Isn't it easy having cats for pets? Low maintenance is nice.
ah-CHOO.
Come on Heather, YOU are the one who kept pushing the Cat thing!!! You are going to love her when you visit!
I used to love cats and had them as a child...but then I grew up and my neighbor's cat thought my flower gardens were his own personal litter box. But I am still happy for Maddie and if you ever need us to come let Misty out we are happy to oblige - as long as she poops in YOUR flowers and not mine! :)
I hope Misty doesn't kill me when I visit in just 5 short weeks. Seeing as Heather never goes down there, she has no clout. I on the other hand, DO, so let's cross our fingers. Otherwise, seeing as it seems as thoguh Allison is a non-pet person, I'll go stay with her! :o)
PS. I went to LOLO's blog. Is she in love with that Skylar character?
Anne, I am sure Allison's door is always open! You'll have to ask LoLo!
Anne...Of course you're ALWAYS welcome to stay with me!!! I'll have a little Hal around anytime.
I am really bugged by the fact that your two animals of different species that naturally are supposed to hate each other get along better than my two animals of the same species (named Fefe and Scooter if you know who I mean).
Post a Comment