Saturday, January 31, 2009

"Payton's Big Day!"

Payton's birthday is December 29.  Since she was born she has always competed with Christmas and New Years. 
Her big day always gets lost in the shuffle.  I made a point out of it this year t
o plan her a birthday party
BEFORE the holidays or else it would not have been done.  A December birthday made it perfect to have a Holiday Party.  We sent out Snowman invitations to the little girls from her primary class.  
We made 16 tiny gingerbread houses and had each of the girls decorate them with different kinds of treats. 
 We made Christmas
 ornaments.  And we devoured an adorable Snowman Cake!  But, the best part was seeing Payton's big smile through out the 
entire party. 
But, the celebration did not stop there.  The day of her birthday
 we had one more surprise for her!  She opened one last present... Tickets to the musical "Wicked"!  She has been
 dying to go for a very long time and 
has memorized every song on the 
sound track.  But, Elphaba was not the only witch in the house!  

Payton wore a witch costume and hat and stole
 the show.  People kept coming up to her to tell her how adorable she was.  That just made her day!  I am so glad she was able to have this special day and make it all about her.

13 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

i am willing to bet that you were just as cute when you were her age. i think it would be fun to be payton. some days, i would trade with her.

Annemarie said...

You are a good mom! She will remember this Birthday forever!

What a little cutie!

Ashley Clark said...

I love your new layout! Are there seriously 16 kids in her primary class, or did everyone just make 2 gingerbread houses each?

diane said...

I bet she "couldn't be happier."

Bridget said...

What a fun date! I am so excited to see Wicked in a couple months myself.

Audry said...

How fun. I get to go see Wicked next weekend. I'm so excited. Madisen is a little bummed that she doesn't get to go.

queenieweenie said...

How could your kids NOT have a fabulous birthday...you'll make sure of it no matter what! You are an amazing mama.

Amy Proctor Timmerman said...

Looks like you won the "Who gets to go to Wicked with Payton?" contest! Lucky girl!

Lauren in GA said...

I love that she dressed as a witch!!! What a fun girlie you have, there!

Michele said...

Elphaba has Nada on Pay Pay. I bet that all the audience could see was a hat walking down the isle. She is so little.
The girls loved Pays party!

Connie said...

You are such a great mom!

misschatterbox said...

Paypay you are so lucky! Your party was so much fun. I love you.

brooke said...

Payton, you are one lucky girl! Can you take me to Wicked for my birthday Auntie Rachel?? =) You are the coolest.