Friday, January 9, 2009

"Side Trip to Utah"

This year we decided to break up the long, tedious drive to Utah and stay in Vegas.   What a coincidence the BYU Football Team was there to play in the Las Vegas Bowl.  And it just so happened Rob got two extra tickets from his friend Matt.  I love how things work out (wink wink)!  We took advantage of our one night stay and hit the town.  We ate at our favorite Paris Buffet (who can resist all you can eat chocolate crepes).   We stuffed ourselves to hold us the rest of the drive to Utah (you never know with the unpredictable snow if we may get stranded on the side of the road to wait out a storm).  While the boys witnessed the Cougars get slaughtered the girls had a better time with shopping and going to a Magic Show.  And I must admit, the bed at the new Trump Hotel was even better than my own.  We all slept like babies and woke up refreshed for the rest of the drive to Utah, just in time for Sunday dinner at Grandma and Grandpa Hazen's house!

16 comments:

Christie said...

Ah yes, the ever familiar, oh-so-convenient, Cougar games. Unfortunately for me, they usually entail my husband offering to take me away for the weekend, and then when I say yes and start making plans for couples activities, he "accidentally" finds out there's a BYU game wherever we're going.

Coincidence, my a#@!

brooke said...

You guys have all the fun! And that's a first, where a hotel bed is better than yours at home. Take me next time!

Bridget said...

Anything for a BYU game. Even a really, really bad BYU game.

Tristan said...

I love Vegas!

Nancy said...

Sounds like a great time. I'm totally going for the buffet of crepes next time I'm there.

P.S. I misspelled crepes the first time and it said creeps. I think the buffet of creeps comes free with a night in Vegas.

Audry said...

Sounds like fun. I can't wait until my kids are old enough to actually enjoy a rode trip like that. :p

Jessica said...

What a fun trip! I don't know about the sleeping like a baby bit as a good thing. My baby sleeps only a few hours and then is up for an hour or so. I love Payton's bows!

April said...

HI cousin! Glad you had a great time...need to stop over night at my sisters! Super fun. Thanks for reading the blog and keeping in touch.
Loves!

April said...

HI cousin! Glad you had a great time...need to stop over night at my sisters! Super fun. Thanks for reading the blog and keeping in touch.
Loves!

April said...

HI cousin! Glad you had a great time...need to stop over night at my sisters! Super fun. Thanks for reading the blog and keeping in touch.
Loves!

Jake said...

Fun! Too bad they didn't win...

Sounds like a fun trip.

Lauren in GA said...

Sounds like it was perfect!! Besides BYU losing, of course...

The song that is playing is making me laugh :)

Michele said...

Fun Road Trip! We stopped in Vegas to break up our trip to Utah but only hit the In N Out Burger.

SFGiantsDude said...

BYU getting slaughtered, not a pretty sight. The Paris Buffet, It's like heaven on Earth. I love that place!!!

diane said...

Shopping sounds much better than a football game to me.

Michelle said...

Sounds like SO much fun!