Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"A Sunny Saturday Afternoon in January"

We have been having some glorious sunny weather here in San Diego. It is the norm here but, not usually in the middle of January. Usually it starts warming up again in late March. But, believe me we weren't complaining.For the first 
time in a long time
 we finally had a
 Saturday that had absolutely nothing marked on the Calendar! A free day to sleep in and to be at nothing on time. We took advantage of the day and the sun and had some quality family time. We 
decided to go hiking and have lunch at the top of a Peak 
that over looked the city and had a great view 
of the 
beach. It's times like these where I am reminded just how great our life is, we just have to slow down sometimes to enjoy the little moments! A free Saturday with nothing on the calendar is my kind of Heaven on Earth.

16 comments:

Katie Harding said...

Free Saturdays a few and far between! Definitely a time to celebrate! Glad you guys took the time to enjoy it!!!!

queenieweenie said...

Back in the Basketball Saddle THIS weekend...then it's off to our cruise!!! I can't wait.

Lauren said...

i am SO jealous right now

Annemarie said...

I love, love, love a free Saturday. There just never are enough of them. Good for you guys for making the most of it!!

diane said...

We are spoiled with this weather.

I love the amazing views. Thanks for the pics.

Tristan said...

Nothing better then a Saturday with nothing to do!! I know I keep saying this on all the CA girl blogs but I miss CA SO MUCH!!

Christie said...

I'm hoping your warm up works its way across the country to my neck of the woods. It is eight degrees outside today.

shayla said...

For reals...those empty calendar days are hard to come by! Glad you could enjoy the cool trails we have around SEH!

Jeff said...

I lovelovelove Hiking!

the wrath of khandrea said...

um, are you wearing shorts? SHORTS? do you realize it's 26 degrees outside, and there's ice everywhere??? are you INSANE??

oh, wait. that's me, not you. wanna trade?

Miss Candy Anderson said...

I haven't been blogging forever rso I might be really late on this but cute new background and font! ADORABLE!

Your blog is what I aspire mine to be like!

Lauren in GA said...

I love free calendar Saturdays! They are so rare! You spent yours doing something so worthwhile :)

Erin said...

Oh man! Send some of that beautiful weather this way! It was 2 degrees (with the wind chill) this morning. Ugh. :(

Michele said...

When was the last time you had one of those? Luckily soccer is on Fridays now. What a beautiful hike and family!
Hugs

Michelle said...

What a great day! Good reminder to all of us to take advantage of days like this and make us more grateful.

Jake said...

Why am I not living in San Diego? Why?