Thursday, February 19, 2009

"Hail To The Chief, Again!"

It's Madison's turn this time!  She followed in her brother's footsteps and ran for student body President of the whole school.  We even used one of R.J.'s old slogans, "Don't be a Raisin, Vote
for Madison Hazen".  And it worked again, she won the election!  We are unbelievably proud of her.  For those of you who know Madison, know she is our "reserved" child.  But, she doesn't shy away from a challenge and is determined to accomplish the goals she has set.  When she gave her speech in front of the school and I saw a different Madison.  She was very confident, poised,
 outgoing!  We are really looking forward to seeing more of this "New" Maddie.  I am sure she's going to get a lot of practice when she leads the entire school in the flag salute every Friday morning.   Way to go Madame President!

21 comments:

Audry said...

I'd be a proud mom too. It takes guts to get up there and make a speech. Good for her.

Lauren said...

YAY MADISON!!! I love you girl and I am SOO proud of you. You are following in my footsteps!!

Annemarie said...

That is so great! What a cute, cute girl!

Tristan said...

That is so awesome!! She is such a pretty Madame President!

Lauren in GA said...

That is WONDERFUL!!!! That is so neat you got to see a new Madison emerge as she gave her speech. You have such an amazing family, Rachel.

Lauren in GA said...

I loved the, "Hail to the Chief" playing in the background as I read.

Maxfield's Random Thoughts said...

Way to go Madison. You will do a fantastic job.

Karyn Parry said...

Way to go Maddie! You will make an awesome President.

Karyn Parry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christie said...

What a darling, darling girl. Way to go!

Bridget said...

That is awesome! Way to go Madison!

queenieweenie said...

Way to go Madie!!!

Michele said...

Proud of Madame President! Looking forward to some family perks.
Now the school won't be a raisin.
Go Mads!

SFGiantsDude said...

Way to go Madison!!! You continued the Hazen legacy in office. Congratulations.

April said...

She's got my vote. Way to go!
April

Lisa-Marie said...

Yippee for Madison! Congratulations!

You have such wonderful kiddos, Rachel. You deserve to be proud!

Ilene said...

That is brave. I admire her. Good juob in raising a daughter who will flourish under such a challenge and risk!

Amy Proctor Timmerman said...

Yay, Maddie! Way to go! I guess it runs in the family!

Tammi said...

Wow! I am awed by her courage! That's fabulous! I'm trying to figure out how to help my oldest get over her fears and take advantage of opportunities...any tips? Rach, do you EVER not have a song to go with your post??? LOVE it! Great song.

Fact:Bears eat beets said...

First a black man in the White House, now Maddie stepping outside of her comfort zone and running for president!

-That old slogan is undefeated. 5th grade Sargent at Arms at Foster City Elementary, R.J. last year and now Mad's.

Fact:Bears eat beets said...
This comment has been removed by the author.