Call me crazy but, I love when my house is filled with the loud, melodious sounds of my kids practicing piano. It may not be perfect and there are always mistakes but, I love it anyways. All three of them have officially been taking piano lessons for one month now. I am proud to hear the notes they play are actually turning into songs. It has always been a dream of mine to have each of my kids be able to play hymns in church. I felt that dream slipping away and panicked, R.J. and Madison were missing their window of opportunity. And if I didn't start them now, Payton would be in the same boat. R.J. is doing great, learning the trumpet has given him an advantage. He's quickly going through his practice book. Madison loves everything about the piano. She's the only one I don't have to remind to practice! And Payton, she is an eager student, catching on quickly and enjoys her "Note Speller" homework. I just can't wait for the day to come when I can her those hymns filling my house!


16 comments:
Make sure they stick with it! I wish I would have when I was a kid. I love the piano and I will have my girls take lessons as well. Maybe one day I will go back and take lessons again.
That is soo funny because I have been feeling the same way. I just talked to a lady the other day in San Elijo about lessons. It is totally the $ for me...I have been putting it off over and over again. It is sooo expensive, but will be well worth it. Who are your kids taking from? Did all 3 have the desire to learn?
It won't be long til they can play Primary songs. Sunbeam, Popcorn Popping. Good times!
My daughter just started a few months ago. I love it too. In fact, I think I am going to start lessons in the Fall when my second child does.
I feel the same way. Reese can sit down and figure out the notes to any song. We really need to get him started. Problem is we don't have a Piano. Do I see a shopping trip in the near future?
My poor kids.
you have inspired me to do the dame with my kids. Okay it looks like Summer will be a greaqt time to start this 5 year project. I think we can! Thanks for the inspiration!!
That is so great that they are taking lessons. You never know when a ward or brancy will need a piano/organ player. I have lots of friends that had to do it on their missions and were the only person in the room that could. It will be a great way to serve all of their lives.
So proud of my nieces and nephew.
Remember the women in "Music Man" when their children actually started playing their instruments? I picture you standing by the piano saying, "Play to me R.J/Madison/Payton, play to me!
Carrie, If you are looking for someone, the kids teacher is the best! She lives right down the street. The kids ride their bike to her house. The Udas take from her as well.
Scotty's been begging me for years, I am a scum mother. I guess it's not too late huh?
I wish you lots of success! My kids are all piano school drop outs.
I took piano for 10 years. I may have forgotten mostly everything but I will never be able to forget how to play Choose the Right and a few select other hymns.
Me too. I find myself humming "The Robot March" or whatever the song-of-the-week is all day long!
I remember when my mom signed me up for piano I loved it but then slowly I started to hate it when I had to practice instead of playing with my friends.... but she would never let me quit and I AM SO GLAD!!! No matter how much they beg and plead they will LOVE you later!
Post a Comment