R.J. earned The Arrow of Light Award, it is the highest rank in Cub Scouting. He set his sights on th
e award early on and really wanted to achieve it. It's tougher to earn than the Webelos badge, but he did it! The Arrow of Light Award is the pinnacle of Cub Scouting. The requirements for this badge included developing outdoor skills, gaining an understanding of the values o
f Scouting, and preparing to become a Boy Scout. This recognition is the only Cub Scout badge that can be worn on his uniform when he graduates into a troop. We are
so proud of his accomplishment! I even got a Mother's Pin for it! I love how they honor the mothers, we put a lot of work into scouting too! So, how many more badges do we have to earn for the Eagle? We better get busy!
Thursday, April 17, 2008
"Straight as an Arrow!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
You look SO good. Oh, and "good job RJ!".
I remember when Rob got that.
No wait.
I don't remember when Rob got that.
You are BAD Heather!!!
Aren't we supposed to give our children more opportunities than we had??!!! Improve upon each generation?! Hooray for RJ! You're the best scouting mama Rach. He's on to the fun stuff now!
Robbie had a not so hot scout leader. It wasn't because he was a sloucher. Yes back then he was my little Robbie.
I'm trying to remember the last time you had a post where your kids did something wrong. Nope, I can't remember a single one!
Aww, that is exciting. My boys are right behind him in a year! That is always the funnest award to hand out, too. Good job mom! I'm sure you had a lot to do with that achievement!
Good Job RJ and Rachel. I know the mom has a lot to do with getting pins and things (I don't really know the scout lingo).
can't you just buy the patch somewhere and pretend you did all the work for it?
i'm KIDDING...
Good job! You are on your way! He looks tall. Soon you'll be parenting up...it's weird to tell your big kids what to do. I'm used to it now that they are all taller than me.
Great Job, RJ! That is wonderful!
My 10 year old is working on getting his right now...It makes me happy that he wants to accomplish it.
I am all about the Mother's Pins! It makes me a little teary when I get pinned :)
You look great in the picture and RJ is so handsome! Such a great smile!
I have a blogging question. Did you scan his actual patch or did you find and copy the patch from somewhere else?
I love the plaque they gave RJ with the arrow on it. Here they just give them an arrow by itself. Did someone in your ward make the plaque?
Lauren, I just went to google images and uploaded it. And the den leader ordered the plaque off a website! I can't wait for you to get your mother's pin, and read all about it! Good Luck!!!
Post a Comment