Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"Dress Rehersal for When Momma's Out of Town!"

I must let go, I must give up control! (me, taking in a deep breath and exhaling)

I have a love/hate relationship with leaving my kids and taking a "Mom Vacation". I love having "Me" time but, hate thinking about what is happening at home without me, my help, or not being done "My" way. I have been guilty in the past for leaving strict, typed out instruction schedules for each day (I have a drawer full of different types of schedules). I am also guilty for picking out each outfit for each day, layed out in a specific order. I know how bad this sounds, I am trying to change. Therefore, we are holding "Dress Rehearsal" for when I am gone. The girls are practicing getting ready for the day! They each picked out their outfits with no help and fixed their hair all by themselves. (I ended up buying them a bunch of headbands to make hair fixing easier! Luckily, R.J. is pretty self sufficient, especially since his haircut (boys have it so easy). The girls have learned to make pony-tails and that adding big flower barrettes they can hide bumpy, flawed hair in a pinch. Only a few strands of hair didn't make it in the pony, now that's progress!!!


So, while I am gone, I'll just have to keep repeating to myself..."They are doing the best they can and that's all that matters, They are doing the best they can and that's all that matters, They are doing the best they can and that's all that matters!"


At least they do hair better than Daddy can!

12 comments:

Marcie said...

Hey, you know I feel exactly the way you do with leaving my kids- you had my typed up schedule to prove it! :P I love how you have your kiddies pose for you in your pics. All will be well- have a great time!

Jessica said...

I think all moms feel the same way. I hope you can truly enjoy your time away and know that everything will be okay (easier said than done). Have a great time at WC. Take great notes so you can share them with me.

Jenibelle said...

You're not going out of town selfishly, you are doing your big sisterly/other motherly duties and then you are going to be spiritually fed. Because you are so selfless, I am sure you will be blessed with good hair days for your girls. Heavenly Father understands priorities.

diane said...

Go have a peppermint hot chocolate you'll feel better. How about carmel apple cider mmmmm!

Sarah said...

I AM SO LIKE THIS!!!!!! It drives Bryan crazy, but it makes me feel relieved knowing that the kids have the same schedule and I can sleep better knowing that "I did it my way" (insert Frank Sinatra solo here!) :)

shayla said...

I think Madison is a PRO!!!! Can she come over and help do my four little girls hair while we're gone?!!! I'm scared for Sunday! Seriously. Four girls....one dad who has no clue about hair-yikes!

Lisa-Marie said...

I can relate. Sirri has hair issues to begin with and then to have a daddy do the fixin'. YIKES!!!!

My hubby is always so proud of himself when I get home from these things and the kids are all alive and the house is "clean." I always have to bite my tongue cause it isn't done MY way and then secretly RE-clean!!! It's all worth it though. Can't wait to meet you!!!!

Lauren in GA said...

I love that you are having dress rehersal! You should run time trials for getting ready for bed ;)


I am the same way!

AnnEE said...

I don't have girls, so I don't know, but I say, as long as their faces are clean and they're not dead.

Jason like to dress HAL in the same thing two days in a row- because he knows it matches, because IT MUST since I put him in it the day before.

Drives.Me.Freaking.Crazy.

queenieweenie said...

I promise to pack my brush in my church bag and catch any and all stray hairs! You are going to have a wonderful weekend with LoLo and WE will have a fabulous week at WC-hair be damned (at least ours will look cute-thanks for fun day!)

Annemarie said...

Oh I am EXACTLY the same. I have even offended some with my lists of instructions. Try not to think about it, it's much easier that way!

Nortorious said...

Why can't husbands get ponytails in correctly? It's not rocket science. Good idea making them try doing their own hair.