Yesterday after church Payton was sent to her room for a "Time-Out" for calling her brother and sister a Name we do not use in our house! She knew the consequences and she took her punishment with no complaint. After I took my "Sunday Nap" (I love early church and grown kids!) I noticed she was not with the other kids! I asked Madison where she was and she said, "Payton's still in her room from her "Time-Out". I felt sooooooo guilty that I left her there for that long. Usually she stays in the room for 5 mintues and comes out on her own when she's ready to get along with the others. I went up to her room to apologize. But, she was not in there. I combed the entire house and still no Payton! Fina
lly, I found her squished between her bed and the wall, asleep. I could not see her tiny body hidden there when I went in the first time! Poor thing, I don't know how long she'd been there. I think she was more mad at me for waking her up than for leaving her in "Time-Out" for so long. She was not happy. But, at least I don't think she will be calling anyone names for a while!
Monday, April 21, 2008
"Hide and Go Seek!"
Posted by Hazen5 at 2:07 PM
Labels: Payton 08'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

22 comments:
Yep, that'll show her!
Nice move mom!
You never wake a sleeping baby!!!!
(or 5 year old)
hah, that's hilarious! I can't wait for my kids to just 'decide' to go to sleep on their own! :)
Poor Payton. I think I just might call CPS on you!
Anne, you do when the baby/5 yr. old shouldn't take naps because she goes to bed at 7:30. Now she will be up in her bed reading till all hours!
Ha! This is why she was calling names...she was tired and cranky. That's why I call people names, too!
Oh, I NEVER forget my kids are in time out.
Except every other time I put them in there.
You know my kids...they punish me for punishing them!!
Was it the "I" word or the "S" word?
How is it to have practically perfect kids? Can't relate.
Salt Lake Airport...meet you there Friday for some very fun shopping!! Woo HOO!
Payton never ceases to make me laugh! Gotta love the mini-Rachel that she is!
Yes, that picture is of the blow hole (The Buffadora) I know how she feels. When I was about the same age, I had a very similar thing happen. I was sent to my room and was forgotten, and then I feel asleep. When I woke up my mom felt so bad for leaving me in there so long. The good thing is I didn't feel abandoned because I was sleeping.
Oh, I've never done anything like that, but I have.
I'm just happy to hear Payton actually does things that require time outs!
I love the last picture -- is that her being mad at you. She is so sweet. I am sad the girls aren't in the same preschool class, but at least you got her in this time. Yeah!
I want to know the bad word. I hate secrets.
I guess you should call this "Hide and NO Seek" next time.
Okay, she said..."Booger Monkey!" I don't even know where she got that one.
What an imagination she has. Booger Monkey is so descriptive, no?
Was the punishment going to her room or wearing her Utah winter PJ's. Last I heard it was 80 degrees. Now tell the truth... did you OR Rob laugh first before she headed off to her room. You probably should have checked for heat stroke..it is often mistaken for an afternoon nap.
I have done that, too!!!!
Unfortunately, he didn't fall asleep...my forgetting him just seemed to deepen his abandonment fears. oops.
I love the picture of you with her on your shoulder.
Well, you look beautiful in the picture but she looks so sad...she is even cute all red eyed, though.
Post a Comment