Monday, March 24, 2008

"Spring Break in Palm Springs"

There are only three requirements for Spring Break-

1. Hot, Sunny Weather
2. Fun
3. Tan Lines


We accomplished all of the above in Palm Springs! We went with our good friends the Searles and we did have a fun time. The weather was a great, very warm 85-90 degrees. Which made us appreciate pool time even more. The minute the sun rose (7 AM), the kids changed into their swimsuits to go swimming and would not get out of the pool until sundown (6:30 PM). By the time bed time rolled around the kids were exhausted and fell into bed. This made it perfect for the parents to go to dinner and play cards. We stayed at the La Quinta Resort and it was beautiful with all the gorgeous spring flowers everywhere you looked plus the occasional cactus garden, who knew the flowers grew so well in the desert. One of the hi-lights of the trip was hanging out with my good friend Gwen Stefani!!!! We became close when Payton shared her Oreo cookies with her young son Kingston. Yes, she was there with her husband Gavin Rossdale (and Nanny) at the kiddie pool. And yes, I was star struck. Malisa tried to take a picture of Payton and I with Gwen in the back ground but, Payton would not cooperate (dang-it!!!) But, I did manage to take an awful one with my cell phone. If you look really close, she is the one with the wide brimmed white hat, the guy next to her is Gavin and the girl in the pink shirt is the nanny! The kids kept coming up to us to sneak a peek of the "Holla Back Girl". We also spent time talking to An Australian Actress Bec Cartwright who is married to Tennis Pro Layton Hewitt. I didn't know who she was till I googled her, she even won Australian's version of "Dancing With the Stars". That's why you always hang out at the kiddie pool, you never know what star you are going to run into!

We did have an awesome time in Palm Springs. And yes, we did get those tan lines. We can't wait till next year, maybe I should ring Gwen to make sure we book the same time!

19 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

Oh the bum bum tan lines are so cute!!! I love it when my kiddies run around nakie in the summer but it still looks like they have their suits on cause of their great tan lines!

I'm glad you had such a great time!

AnnEE said...

Looks like a ton of fun! I'm thinking that we're going to take HAL to vegas this year. WE SHOULD MEET UP!!

Jessica said...

Have you seen Lenore's post about star sightings? Well, who can compete with Gwen Stefani?

flip flop mama said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Love the tan line pic :)

brooke said...

Your kids are so lucky to have mommy's tanning abilities! It takes me A WHILE to get a lovely base tan like that. And YES...totally psyched for the concert Wednesday!

queenieweenie said...

Love the tan line picture! We missed you while we were enjoying the other end of mother nature (why doesn't that sound right?) So happy to be home and enjoy the next week of spring break together!

Ashley Clark said...

How do you get your kids to pose for all those pictures? They're so photogenic!

Paige said...

MayJor brush with fame. and I love the tan lines picture!

Matt & Brooke said...

Love the little bum tans!!! I'm going to Palm Springs this weekend...so this post got me totally pumped!!!!

Marcie said...

What a fun weekend! That is so cool that you saw Gwen Stefani and Payton bonded with her son. You look so good with no makeup on at the pool!

skyler said...

quick question. did rob ever get off that floaty? i can't tell by all the pictures of him on in.

Lauren said...

SORRY! that was me. i think skyler was logged onto his email so it signed me on as him!!!
you guys need to come to conference so you can meet him. i misss you all!!

Lauren in GA said...

That is so cool!!! I would be so totally starstruck, too!!!

Looks like a great time. I know I have said this before but, every person in your family is gorgeous! I am talking about you, too missy! Don't try to shrug it off!

Celia Fae said...

Your brush with fame is excellent. I am coming with you next year. It's been too long for me.

Chris said...

Hey Rachel - Thank you so much - Do me a favor and spread the word - would ya - The blog is just getting off the ground - Will open an Etsy shop soon too - I've just been selling to boutiques so far - & I said it to ALlison - They do make great gifts - No Baby Necessary! haha - Thanks for the Love - Chris!

Jenibelle said...

You met Gwen and some famous Aussie...I met a fabulous Texan named Skyler. Who got the better deal?!

Audry said...

Hey we were in Palm Springs for Easter. We must have missed each other. Looks like you guys had fun.

Nortorious said...

Love Payton's little butt.
I am oh so very jealous. Tell me you had time to do an adequate investigation of Gwen's hair. I think it's all split endy with hair extensions.

Hazen5 said...

Sorry Nor, No hair investigation took place. She had a huge brimmed hat on and she never took it off!