I have two Boys, a husband and a son! They are going to get tough next week and go to "Man's Town" and be MEN. They are going to Moab for a week to do some camping and biking. "Man's Town" is a place where only men go (Women aren't allowed, but we wouldn't want to be!) Here they are allowed to do "Man things", which if
you think about it really tends to be "boy things". They will eat interesting things they cook themselves, they will "Do the Dishes" by wiping of their forks on their pants. They tell funny stories and jokes (that only men get). They dress the way they want to (nothing matches). They build camp fires (you know how they love matches and to burn things). They don't shower or shave (Who ever stinks the most and has the longest beard
wins!) And they will pass gas and burp to their hearts content and have no one complain! I hope they have fun. To prepare for "Man's Town", Rob decided to Buzz his hair! It's definitely easier to maintain while camping and biking. So, poor R.J. got roped into his "Man's Town" thinking and he got talked into shaved his hair too! See I told you "Man Town Activities" tend to be boyish, Now they even look it.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
"Preparing for Man's Town"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
You let him shave his head?!!! I try hard to keep my husband from doing that, but we've made a deal only in the summer when it's hot. :) We've been in the bay area for about 6 months now. We moved from the Palm Springs area, it's a change but it's nice.
Men do need time to be men. I have two sons, I know the feeling. My husband shaves their heads at the start of the summer every year. It's a fun tradition and good male bonding.
I also love my girl time with my daughter!
Audry, my husband has one shave pass per year!
Okay so did Brian start a trend? I am noticing more and more people at church that have shaved their head? Doesn't it feel so soft??
I always love when Doug goes camping with the YM, and then comes home so grateful for me and my meals. When the boys are away, will the girls play?
I have 3 sons and 1 husband...the father-son campout will be coming up soon...I laughed at your post saying they do dishes by wiping their forks on their pants and how they love to stink! You made some fabulous observations! So, true!
Does that mean that I have to shave my head because Rob invited me to come meet him for lunch.
If Heather shaves her head, Natalie will be pissed. Please tell me RJ exhausted his one shave pass of the year!!!
And Rob looks EXACTLY like one baseball picture I've seen from high school in the picture where he's shaving RJ's head. Have fun in Man's Town....
They are going to have so much fun together. I love seeing how much fun Mike and Gavin have together when they have their "manly" hangouts!
Ooooh and what do the girls get to do during "man's town" week? Hopefully lots of shopping, eating and pedicures...that's what i'm talkin' about!!! What a great idea
I think my husband must've been in Man's Town FOR THE PAST 3 1/2 YEARS!! Boy, does he love to shave his head! I told him I just want to see him with hair ONE last time before he loses it (he's not as close as Matt thinks he is)!!! Have fun boys (I mean MEN).
Man's Town--haha! What do you do for Girl's Town while they're gone?! Oh, the fun...
Every day is "Man Town" in my house!!! Complete with the shaved heads at all times of the year.
PS - I think they both look really great and cute with the buzz cut (and very tough) but then, I'm biased.
have fun with the girls :)
I'm starting to do the dishes their way, too.
R.J. are you ready for the CURLS when it starts growing back ?
By the way.. does this activity have a "Priesthood Purpose " ?
Byron does not and has not ever gotten a shave pass. Maybe when we are married 59 years. I won't let him shave his head or his moustache. That is...if he wants to live with me.
I was going to ask what your "once a year" was but I was afraid.
Post a Comment