My boys, I mean MEN made it back to me from "Man's Town" in one piece! I was just praying for no broken bones. R.J. did manage to fly over his
handle bars at least once. It was both Rob and R.J.'s first time to Moab. I am so glad that they got to experience this majestic, beautiful place together. Their Scout troop mountain biked from sun up till sun do
wn. Rob was hoping to loose a couple of extra pounds but instead gained a few (the dutch-oven cooking was too good)! R.J. learned a lot and is on his way to be a First-Class Scout in no
time. When I helped R.J. unpack his gear after his trip, I learned something new, boy scouts don't change their clothes! I found the clothing we packed folded nicely, smelling fresh and exactly the way I put them in his bag (I know R.J. could not replicate this)! I asked him, "Did you ever change?" he said proudly, "Mom, we packed way too much clothes! I wore this outfit
everyday!" (take note of all the pictures, different days, same clothes). As I dug a little deeper into his bag I noticed too his Bath towel and hand/face towel were exactly the same way too...Not used! I thought he looked a lot tanner from the sun, but no, it was just dirt. But, R.J. did inform me he brushed his teeth everyday. At least his teeth were clean, I can't say so much for the rest of him. I guess I need to add that to my "Man's Town" list from my previous post: They never change their clothes. I guess there is still a lot more I got to learn about being a Scout's Mom and wife!
Monday, March 31, 2008
"Man's Town in Moab"
Posted by Hazen5 at 2:25 PM
Labels: Scouting Camp out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Oh man...my husband is leaving for his mantrip to Moab the day I get back from blogapalooza. I made him schedule it AFTER, because last year he was in a very serious bike accident and I had to skip my trip out to Utah for Women's Conf, so I could stay home and help him shower himself!
Glad your guys are ok...
I am so glad R.J. is okay!!!!! I can't even imagine going over the handle bars of a bike, *shudder*
It is so funny to me how grubby scouts want to get. I guess you didn't have to do a ton of laundry upon their return ;)
Remind RJ of the last time I was on a bike....
Hi Rachel! We've had the exact experience at our house after scout campouts. At least it makes unpacking easier. Less laundry, too!
WHY can't my kid be like that??? I had to wash loads and loads of stinky, dirty, campfire smelling laundry from my guys! NO FAIR.
Do you have any pictures of him with underwear on his head? Or is that a Brentwood thing? RJ, if you get wounded, Scotty can help...it'll only take 8 hours for us to get there...
I want to hear the stories. Come and see us!
Thank you for your sweet comment on my my blog. You have a beautiful family and I love that we have the latina connection!
Enjoy the sunshine! I totally use 8 SPF the rest of my family...45. I clearly care more about my families skin care than my own. But at least I will have a smokin tan!
Good thing you weren't there they never changed their clothes ewww...
I am VERY impressed that he brushed his teeth every day. My boys would be the opposite...they would change clothes every day, but never brush their teeth. Not sure which is more gross!
That looks like so much fun!! I am glad they had such a fun time!
What great memories! I guess what our kids do & we don't know about as mothers can't hurt us! You're a great mom! Boys will be boys...
I'm done with scouts, 2 eagles woo-hoo! My husband however, continues to do the high adventure trips...at least I don't have to go! My idea of the great outdoors is the walk from the car to the hotel lobby!
Post a Comment