Monday, March 17, 2008

"Picking Four Leaf Clovers"

Happy St. Patrick's Day! We celebrated the day by picking all the four leaf clovers in our back yard. Well, actually they were weeds. Since all this rain we have ignored the back yard and now I can't tell the difference between my roses and those darn weeds. We found some real big ones, I can't believe they can grow that big in such a short time. I told the kids to honor this day we will be picking anything "green" in the yard. And if the they work hard they might receive a prize from a Leprechaun! After all that picking we did not find one four clover, we were really hopping for some Luck! Oh well, we will just have to pick again next year.

10 comments:

Lauren said...

maddie is looking so much older everyday!! i need to come down to SD soon before i don't recognize your kids anymore!! Tell payton that i am sending her something in the mail real soon so to be looking out of that! i love you guys.

AnnEE said...

So cute! What did the leprachauns bring?

Jenibelle said...

Clever way of getting slave labor out of your kids! We're off to meet the Texan. We'll be in touch.

heidiram said...

I am going to print off the picture of Maddie in her BARE feet standing in the grass. Oh, how I miss CA grass. St. Augustine rips your feet apart if you try to walk on it barefoot. That, and there's the darn fire ant issue.

Audry said...

Cute...great way to put them to work.

Heather said...

ouch. prickly weeds.

Nice tradition.

Ashley Clark said...

And did you eat corned beef and cabbage for dinner? We're having that tonight!

Lauren in GA said...

I love the Irish Jig you have playing in the background :) You are so cute!

Fact:Bears eat beets said...

There are still some weeds so today we will tell them to pick some more and look for the Easter bunny.

Tammi said...

LOVE that idea! What a smart little leprechaun you are!