Friday, March 28, 2008

First Beach Day of 08'

We finally had it! Our first beach day of 2008. The weather has been great these last few weeks but we could just never get to there! Payton finally got her wish, she has been begging me to take her to the beach forever. Going there has officially started our "Count Down To Summer". We only have 81 more days till school ends. As I was getting ready and packing my beach bag and car, I made mental notes on what to get for the new beach season.

1-New Beach Chairs: Clasp broken that holds chair together, someone left a banana in the back pocket.
2-New Sand Toys: finally threw away old ones last year, thought it would force me to buy new ones. It worked. (or we can just mooch of friends toys.)
3-More Sun Screen: Various SPF levels, 4 for me (I have Latin blood, I don't listen to sun lectures, I know I will be wrinkly as a raisin, but I'll be a tan one), 15, 10 & 8 for Rob (he tries to keep up with me) 30 Spray on lotion for the kids (they don't sit still long enough for application, one long spray and they are done, it's a mothers dream!!!)
4- New Boogie Board: It's for Payton, she's finally big enough to brave the big ocean! (Heaven forbid they share)
5-Soft Fabric Cooler on Wheels: For all the healthy lunches that will be consumed there. (I have been eyeing one at target, and the wheels make it possible for even the smallest child to pull!)
6-New Bathing suit cover up and flip flops: Yes, there is still a need to make a fashion statement, at least I'll look good arriving at the beach, I can't say so much for when I take it off. And I promised Allison I'd get new "Cute" flip flops, R.J.'s Adidas soccer ones from last year just did not cut it!)
7- Bathing Suit: I am dreading this one, have you noticed Nordstoms has the most unforgiving mirrors!!! (I'd like tho think I lost weight therefore all my suits are loose, but they are stretched out and the elasticity is gone.)


At least I have about 11 weeks to get busy with my list, it's going to take me that long just to find the right swim suit...wish me luck!!!

17 comments:

Heather said...

wipeout? really? is that the only beachy song you could find?

Not as bad as the thanksgiving song though.

I love my tan little raisin hazen!

heidiram said...

Cristian and Mateo spent a couple hours at the pool two weekends ago. I refuse to do any pool or beach related things until April. I enjoy the four month break.

Jenibelle said...

I don't think there is such a thing as "the right bathing suit" in my case. This is why I have a pool. My body is not for public consumption. And you do need cute flip flops (I was going to say thongs but who wants to floss anything but their teeth?)

Maddie, we have a new mouse, she is white and her name is Maddie!! And her companion is Oreo.

Hey Paytie!!!

Nortorious said...

Well done strategically placing children on knees to avoid bathing suit shot.
That's what kids are for. Blockage.

Jessica said...

I love that the girls have matching bows in their hair -- at the beach! Great picture of Maddie and Payton back to back -- so cute!

Audry said...

The beach is something I'm going to miss. And I love San Diego beaches.

Paige said...

I always find decent ones at Macys. Nordstrom doesn't have enough selection.

Hurry and buy your cooler because they go fast at Target! We are getting all our summer stuff now because it's gone by the time you need it, Poor you, it's so nice you need it NOW. AHH, san diego.

crystal said...

Ppphhhhhllllllt!

That's the sound of my sticking my tongue out at you. You deserve it, for looking like such a babe in a swimsuit while I look like AN OVERSIZED JELLYBEAN.

And that's no overstatement.

Hazen5 said...

Crystal, why do you think I have "strategically" placed kids on my lap? Nor, got it right...Blockage! I look like a jelly bean and I don't even have a bun in the oven!

Erin said...

Ah! The beach. I'm envious. It's making me think we should have chosen SoCal. Maybe the next move will take us back to our western roots. :)

Good luck with the swim suit challenge. It's one of my least favorite activities ever. Let us know how it works out! I've been looking for a good swim suit cover-up for a while, so if you find one you'll have to share where you got it. :)

Michelle Baird Designs said...

I'm JEALOUS. Funny, today was our first 2008 beach day too. I'll post pictures in the next day or two. You'll notice a little difference though. We can walk on a thick sheet of ice at our beach on lake Erie. No bathing suits, just coats, hats, and gloves.

queenieweenie said...

Thanks for the fun day! Let's share the bathing suit shopping pain together. Seriously, I need a new suit!!!

brooke said...

Looks like you had fun! I'm going to attempt the impossible...get kind of close to your tan! I know, I know...you're years ahead already, but I'm gonna do it. I look better when I'm tan anyway!

Lauren in GA said...

Yay, for your first beach trip!!! I like your list...I need to get some of those things, too...we definately need to get some new beach toys...or I love the idea of mooching off of someone else ;)

Carrie said...

Hey thanks for encouraging me to update my blog! I finally got all of my stuff posted that I had wanted to for a while. I also got to look at everyone elses posts and it was fun! You guys are always having so much FUN!! Did you know we moved from La Quinta? Such a beautiful place!!

Matt & Brooke said...

Gotta Love our San Diego Sun! I always find good swim suits at Macy's! Good Luck.

Celia Fae said...

Those polka dots suits are adorable. And as for the blockage, Peyton managed to give you a little lift as well!