Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter 2008

Help me, I can't stop stealing and eating the kids Easter Candy from their baskets!!!! I don't know why the "Bunny" always brings such great, irresistible, tempting candy. Every year I think that the "Bunny" should limit the candy or only buy nasty Peeps (that I won't eat) but, then she always gets caught up with the holiday and goes overboard! The kids had a great time decorating the Easter eggs and I had a great time trying to wash off that impossible egg dye that never comes off, so they go to church with green hands! I really enjoyed the basket the "Bunny" brought Rob and I (how did she know I love PEOPLE Magazine and Milanos?) And Dinner at Grandma and Grandpa Melendez's house was superb! And Grandma outdid herself with the Easter Egg Hunt. I think she hid about 300 eggs and loaded them up with all kinds of goodies and prizes! We ended the night playing, "Name that Musical Charades". We love our Musicals!!! I lost my voice from laughing and singing so loud.

It was such a great day to remember the true purpose and reason why we celebrate Easter, our Savior Jesus Christ! I am grateful to him and for his Atoning sacrifice for us that enables my family to return to him. And to enjoy the sweet blessings we have been promised if we use the gift Jesus has given us. And what better way to celebrate that than being with our whole family!

11 comments:

Clark said...

Hey Hazen Family,

This is Clark Rudd from Brentwood. I stumbled upon your blog from my sister's friend of a friend of a friend etc... I guess that is a little weird, but I just wanted to say hi. I haven't seen you guys in a long time! It is good to read about all your fun times. It looks like you guys are doing great.

heidiram said...

How cute! I can't believe how big your nieces and nephews are getting Rach. Boy how the time flies!

Lauren in GA said...

I know, I am powerless against my kids' Easter Candy, too...and I even love Peeps...there is just no hope for me.*sigh*

Thank you for sharing your testimony at the end.

Lisa-Marie said...

The curlers.... That is the cutest Easter Egg dying picture EVER!

Your children are so beautiful. And so is your testimony. I just LOVE Easter. It is so special.

AnnEE said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the dresses! Why didn't you include any pictures of you in your Easter dress?

the wrath of khandrea said...

are you hazen5? i feel like i've looked at your blog before, but i'm just not remembering. you look so different from your profile picture. your kids are beautiful. anyway, just wanted to say your "get some water for me" comment was so funny, i couldn't stand it. MASTERFUL idea. masterful.

queenieweenie said...

Bring the Hot Tamales to the movie!

Hazen5 said...

Allison, I already ate them!!!

Marcie said...

That is an adorable pic of the kids in their Easter outfits- you should frame it! I love the girls' matching dresses. I can't wait to match my girls!

Ashley Clark said...

Ok, I guess I'm going to have to tell Doug exactly what I want in my basket next year. I want your basket! Rachel, did you make the girl's dresses?

Hazen5 said...

No Ashley, I wish! But, I am flattered you thought so.
And I learned this lesson a long time ago, you will never be disappointed if you just tell your hubby what you want and like!