Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I "Heart" New York!

There is no other City I like to visit more than New York! I would be happy if I could go every 6 months. There is always something new to see and experience in this beautiful City. Our first day in New York was spent in the Ed Sullivan Theater, we saw "The Lateshow with David Letterman"! The guest were actress, Eva Longoria (Desperate Housewives) and singer, Colbie Calliet (Bubbly). We made sure to be the loudest "Clappers, Whistlers, and Yellers" in the audience, hoping to be able to "Hear" ourselves on T.V. Rob even got repremended for yelling out Paul the keyboardest name. (I could not stop laughing) We even stopped to visit with Rupert at the "Hello Deli". Then we headed to Broadway, where we saw "Legally Blonde" (good choice Ellie). We got great Orchestra seats through TKTS! One of the best things about New York is their transportation system. We rode the Subway every where! We just loaded up our Metro Card and we were set! We only used a Taxi a couple of times. The weather of course was freezing but, bearable! We even had some very sunny days. It only rained one day, but it gave us a chance to wear our adorable galoshes that we don't get to wear very often in California. Another thing New York really knows about is FOOD! My "Healthy Eating" went right out the window when we discovered the "Magnolia Bakery" (featured in O magazine). The line to get one of these delectable Cupcake or desserts wrapped around the shop! As you can tell from the boxes on the table, we frequented this establishment often! We also made sure to eat at Katz's Deli (from the movie, When Harry Met Sally, "I'll have what she's having!") Their Pastrami Rubens are huge and to die for. I also could not go to New York with out having Carnegie Deli's Famous Sugar Cookie Crust Cheese Cake! And for all the "Foodies" out there, you must visit the Chelsea Market (Allison's Pick). It was once and old Biscuit Bakery Warehouse and it is now a one stop culinary food shop, a gourmet lover's retail wonder and chic hotspot, all meshed into a million square feet of space. We ate Crab Bisque at the ever so fresh "Lobster Place". Just make sure to go to this market hungry! Another favorite to do in New York, SHOPPING! Of course we hit Canal Street in China Town. The haven for Fake Purses, jewlery and my kids favorite: Pirated, just released Movies on DVD. (they were happy to get "Alvin and the Chipmunks") Rob sure is a good barginer. Next on our shopping list, TIFFANY & CO. (Thanks Carol for the "Fun $") There is nothing like that "Little Blue Box"!!! We had such a blast on this trip and were so lucky to share it with Matt and Allison. They are perfect traveling buddies! We can't wait for our next visit back to New York, we already have a new "To Do" list for next time! But, next time I think we'll visit in early summer, I really want to do more in Central Park!

18 comments:

Ashley Clark said...

Looks like you had a blast! You could write articles for a travel magazine.

Audry said...

Look's like fun. Makes me want to go to NY.

queenieweenie said...

Good times....good times.

shayla said...

You sure know all the 'hot spots!' Glad you had such a fabulous time--I want to see what graced that Tiffany's bag besides the tissue paper!

Marcie said...

I've been waiting to see pics of the city I will one day experience! Glad you had such a wonderful time. You two are so cute in your stylish galoshes.

Celia Fae said...

You guys really know how to live it up, don't you? I can't believe all of the stuff that you did. Feeling jealous.

Amy Proctor Timmerman said...

So are those the $8.00 cupcakes that she gave away on her favorite things show? Was it worth it? I guess from the plethora of boxes it must have been! I am super jealous! One day we will make it to NY and I will call you to tell me where we need to go!

Hazen5 said...

Amy, the cupcakes were only $2.75 and very yummy and don't just call for NYC tips, I'll go with you and give you a personal tour!

Heather said...

Adorable---looks like a great trip.

Rob totally called it with Gabi being on Letterman.

(and do me a favor and tell Allison that she looks very skinny in the pictures!)

The Jeffs Family said...

What a fun trip! I will keep working on my mom to start a blog.

Unknown said...

Forget Rachel Ray's tasty travels, it could be hazen's tasty travels. sounds like a ton of fun - I've never been to NYC!!

queenieweenie said...

Heather...I heart YOU!!!

Carrie said...

You guys are adorable! I love the cute galoshes...how fun!

Michelle Baird Designs said...

What a fun trip. You guys fit in a lot in 3 days. Do you know when the David L. show with air. Probably sometime this week? We'd love to watch....and listen for you.

Paige said...

Wow, I'd take one of those cupcake, blue boxes, and tix to Broadway any day. Please model your new purchase.

Erin said...

Ahhh! This post made me homesick! We lived in NYC for 3 years (until Aug when we had to move to stinky Las Vegas) and loved every second of it. Carnegie Cheesecake is to die for! Next time you'll have to make sure you stop in at Serendipity II they have fabulous frozen hot chocolate!

We are still toying with the idea of moving back and this post helps with that. :)

Glad you had fun! So, what did you get at Tiffany's?

Hazen5 said...

Paige and Erin, At Tiffany's I got two additional heart charms soldered onto my tiffany bracelet! Now I have a heart for all my children! They even cleaned and polished my bracelet and it looks brand new, I love Tiffany's!

Hunt Family Ramblings said...

I miss New York and wish I could go there right now! It truly is an amazing place to visit! Glad you're back! Leanna