Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"Valentine's Playgroup"

It was Payton's turn to host playgroup this week! Since it was so close to Valentine's Day, we made it our theme. The day was a gorgeous, sunny, very warm 78 degrees. We couldn't pass up this awesome weather in February, so we set up our valentine stations outside in the back yard. Payton was such a great helper getting things ready. She kept asking every five minutes, "When are my friends going to get here?" (We need to work on Patience!)

The kids frosted and decorated Sugar Cookies. They had many different Toppings to choose from. I think more toppings and frosting ended up in their bellies than on their cookies. After getting full on cookies the kids made Valentine Cards for that special someone. Payton was the lucky recipient of Gavin's valentine card! I am crossing my fingers they stay "Friends" till they turn 16, he's a cutie! (I think she is actually blushing in this picture!)

12 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks like so much fun! Emma has been so sad all day that she missed it. She kept saying, "It's no fair!" She is on the mend, so hopefully, we can get them together soon!

Heather said...

It looks like you have been to Target because Abbie has the same shirt!!

So cute.

Love Valentine's

Hazen5 said...

Jessica, we all really missed Emma! Tell her I am going to bring her some Cookies.
Heather, You know Target is my most favorite place. Our girls have such good taste!

Marcie said...

You are the hostess with the mostess- today was so much fun and I thought it was so cute when Gavin told me that he wanted to make a Valentine for Payton! Thanks again for helping Gweny with her splinter. :)

brooke said...

What an awesome mommy! I love celebrating any kind of holiday or holiday with a twist. So glad you go to enjoy Valentines early!

Ashley Clark said...

This looks like so much fun. We're actually doing this tonight for enrichment. But we won't be able to do it outside in the sun. :(

Nortorious said...

Good hair.

Jenibelle said...

Oh Pay, stop growing! Happy hearts day to our favorite long distance friends!!! Love you guys tons!

We might go to Idaho this weekend to meet the Texan.....

Audry said...

How fun! You are such a good mom.

Celia Fae said...

Where's my Valentine's card? Do I get one again? I'm waiting.

Michelle Baird Designs said...

How fun. I only wish we could go outside. Not going to happen in 20 degree weather. What a fun Valentine playgroup. You are such a great mom.

Amy Proctor Timmerman said...

Thanks again for inviting us! You went above and beyond!