Friday, February 8, 2008

"Call Me!"

Payton has a new obsession, talking on the phone. It has really gotten out of hand. I thought we would be faced with this problem when she turned a teenager. But no, we are dealing with this 8 years too soon! She wants to talk to anyone, anytime, anywhere. We are lucky to have free long distance minutes on our cell phones. Actually it's kind of nice, she'll call her grandparents and read them books over the phone, I call it "long distance babysitting". She will chat on the phone for over an hour if I let her. She even calls our family and friends and leaves them a nice message saying that, "She will be calling them back!" Her new trick is reading the caller I.D., if she recognizes the phone number she'll answer it and yap away. So, if you don't want to spend the afternoon talking to a very livley Payton, make sure to check your caller I.D. before you answer your phone. You may be next!

16 comments:

Jeff said...

Awwww. But she is soooo cute! But that is true, I hate when people wont hang up!

Ashley Clark said...

First Maddy's plumber pants and now Payton on the toilet. I think someone needs to sensor your pictures! Just kidding.

Jenibelle said...

It's nice to know that Payton is getting multi-tasking down so young, getting business done and catching up with friends!! Nice.

I LOVED getting my surprise call from my favorite little pig-tailed girl!! Call anytime Paypay!

Carrie said...

Payton is the CUTEST little girl ever! I love her little smiley grin :) She's a talker like Beau!

heidiram said...

I'll have to let Sarah call and talk to Paypay. She has been on a phone phase lately too. Too bad nobody understands what she is trying to say.

Heather said...

She needs to call Abbie so they can have a conversation filled with What? What? What? What did you say?

I love our hearing impaired 5 year olds.

Does she call Grandma to tell her to come help her clean her room or Happy sunday?

Mine does.

AnnEE said...

I'll admit...I had to screen Paytie yesterday. I didn't have a spare 30 minutes....and nothing new had happened since the day before!! Love that girl.

Hazen5 said...

Anne, I have screened for you, otherwise you would have talked 3 more times today.

Audry said...

I love the potty shot. My Madisen is like that. She always wants to call someone. When she was 5 she figured out that my husband was #2 on my cell phone and would call him at work all the time.

Unknown said...

Rachel- you're training them young to talk on the toilet - that was too funny!!!

brooke said...

Talk about doubletasking Payton! She's gonna be a lawyer someday...talker, doubletasking, cutie-patootie....you're in for it!

queenieweenie said...

Payton...you can talk to me anytime! I love it when you answer the phone. And, I love it that you know my phone number and answer when I call. Keep it up!

Michelle Baird Designs said...

I'm loving the picture on the pot!

Lauren said...

you can always have her talk to me!! i love my time talking to payton on the phone, i think i may been been part of the reason she got so addicted to talking on the phone!!

Amy Proctor Timmerman said...

Okay, but can she talk, potty and take a memo at the same time? Now, THAT'S multitasking! She is too cute!

Marcie said...

Payton is so adorable. Isn't it funny when kids start acting older than you'd expect? It makes me think of Gwenyth being obsessed with all things HS Musical at age 2! Love the potty pic- too funny!