Saturday, December 5, 2009

"Sammy Sue's Birth & Blessing"










I was finally able to witness a miracle with my own eyes! Marie gave birth to Samantha Sue. I got to be in the birthing room to witness my beautiful niece enter the world and take her first breath. It happened the night of our annual Halloween Party. We got the call earlier in the day to be ready to leave for orange county if these contractions were the real thing. She had been having contractions all month long. At about 10 PM, we got the news that it was not a false alarm. Michele and I left the party in full swing to go be with our sister who was about to have her first baby! We were so excited. We met mom and Laura there. We visited with Marie for a little while then left her to get some rest with Omar. We went to the waiting room and made camp, we weren't going anywhere until that baby was out! When Marie was about ready to start pushing we went to her room to give her a little pep talk. It turned out the nurse let us stay in the birthing room, only if we were quiet and stayed out of everyone's way. We stood like statues with our mouths shut! Marie was amazing through the whole process and Omar was very supportive and loving to her. Mom and Omar actually coached her and helped her breath right up until the doctor came in to deliver. I was in awe of the whole thing. And am still amazed at what I saw. When Sammy was finally born tears came to my eyes. I had so much joy for Marie, I was so proud of her for being able to push that baby out. I was so happy I was able to catch those special moments for them on my camera. She is a beautiful baby that looks so much like her daddy and big brother Nico.
About a month after Sammy was born she was blessed by her Grandpa Melendez. It was a great day. We all went to Mom and Dad's ward and were able to hear the beautiful things that dad was inspired to say. She wore a beautiful white dress and an adorable flower head band. Her parents looked so proud of their baby. After the blessing mom and dad hosted a luncheon in honor of Sammy Sue and her family. We all had a good day being together and enjoying one's company.

0 comments: