Saturday, December 5, 2009

"Mom's 70th Birthday"





My sweet mom is now 70 years old. You would never know it looking at her. If you are around her for the day, she makes you tired. She wears you out, not the other way around. I truly think she is a 25 year old trapped in a 70 year old women's body. When I picture my beautiful mother the image of her when I was young comes to my mind. To me she still has that bright, golden, blond, long hair. But now she has gorgeous, perfectly coiffed, shinny silver hair. I can't wrap my mind around the fact that my parents are getting older. They do not age to me. But, I felt very lucky to be able to be with her on her special day. It was the day Samantha Sue got blessed. With all the celebrating, we made sure mom felt honored too. My mother is so special to me. I really take her advice and guidance to heart and consult her with many decisions in my life. I have to talk to her almost everyday or my week is not complete. She has taught me so much on being a wife and a mother. I think the best compliment I have ever received was from my dad. He said, "You are so much like your mother!" That made my day, she truly is my hero and I only hope I can be half the person she is. Happy Birthday Mom, I love you!

0 comments: