Tuesday, December 1, 2009

"Polar Express"


The Polar Express book is one of the favorites in the Hazen House. Every Christmas it is displayed and read and re-read many times during the holiday season. When I found out that the Heber Creeper had a "Polar Express Experience" I knew I had to get tickets for that train! We decided to surprise the kids and not tell them where we were going. I think showing up at a train station threw them for a loop. They had no clue what they were doing there. They were so excited when we gave them each a boarding pass for the Polar Express. I know R.J. is a little old for this but, he was a great sport and let me enjoy the fun. The train was adorable, it was all decorated and there were elves helping everyone find their seats. On the train we sang Christmas Carols and read the Polar Express together. We were served Hot Chocolate and chocolate chip cookies. We were even visited by Mrs. Claus, I think she had a little crush on Rob. The best part of the trip was when we saw Santa on the side of the track waiting for us. He boarded the train and talked with each child and asked what they wanted for Christmas. He then presented each child with the gift of a silver bell. Going on the Polar Express after Thanksgiving was the perfect way to kick of the Christmas Season. And I hope the silver bells remind them to always believe!

0 comments: