Thursday, September 24, 2009

" NO DOUBT It Was a Good Night!"

One of our summer hi-lights was attending the No Doubt concert.  I felt like a college student again watching them on stage listening to that mix of  ska and pop.  I haven't seen them perform since an out-door free concert at San Diego State University in the 90's .  (And Gwen and I have not hung out since Payton and her son Kingston shared oreos at the La quinta Resort.) Not much has changed!  That Gwen can still make any young (or old) girl feel empowered.  Another reason I felt young again was our concert seats, we sat in the nose bleed section on the grass with all of the other starving students who couldn't afford chairs with backs.  But, you couldn't beat the price of $10.00 a pop.  Our lawn seats didn't get much use, we pretty much danced the whole time.  Those young kids couldn't keep up with us!

15 comments:

Heather said...

I love No Doubt - I bet that was a fun concert! Gwen is quite the performer!

Pyatt said...

Isn't that Kingston's mom...did she give a shout out to you and say thanks for sharing the Oreos man!!??

queenieweenie said...

tit for tat

bad picture of me on your blog, bad picture of you on mine (actually yours is cute :)

can't wait for the next concert!!!

queenieweenie said...

We still need to figure out how to get little miss gwenies abs!

diane said...

I love her L.A.M.B. line the girl is a rock star and designer. Pretty cool.

Lauren in GA said...

Love the clever title, girlie!

That is so, so, COOL! I remembered that you had seen Gwen Stefani on vacation even before I saw your link because I thought it was so, so cool!

Love that you were dancing the whole time!

Tristan said...

So fun!! Wish I could have been there with you!

Lauren said...

totally forgot about paypay and gwen's little one, so funny!!

Erin said...

So fun!

Amy Proctor Timmerman said...

I snorted when I saw your photo on Allison's blog - Don't Speak. Looks like a super fun time! You have been missed in your postings and missed even more in my real life. I need a Rachel fix.

Karyn Parry said...

Great price for a great concert $10.00 is awesome. I am sure you guys had a blast dancing around showing off your moves to the younger crowd. You guys still got it going on!

Hazen5 said...

Amy,
Your wish is my command! We will be coming to Utah for Thanksgiving. I need MY TK fix! Save a day for me during break, take me to all your favorite hot spots.

Allison said...

Hi Rachel! Let me just tell you that I'm so JEALOUS! I absolutely love No Doubt - looks like you had a great time!

Audry said...

Ooh, fun! I want to go!

Bridget said...

How fun! Nothing like a good concert to make you feel young again.