This Labor Day was our ward's First Annual Labor Day 5K, "Run and Not Be Weary, Walk and Not Be Faint." Our sweet Young Women put it on with the help of the great and very organized Jamie Pyatt. Let's just say, I "labored" during this run. I have not really worked out all summer and thought this was the perfect time to get my booty moving again. The girls decided to catch up on their beauty sleep, so it was up to me and the boys (Rob & R.J.) to represent the Hazens. I thought we'd run as a family but, all I saw of R.J. was the back of his head! Rob and I kept up a reasonable, moderate, respectable pace and pretty much ran the whole way. I am glad my sister Michele was right beside me too making me laugh and pushing me on. I am acting like it was a marathon but, I was proud of myself. The next day I was so sore, but felt really good. I think I want to do more of these! Right after the 5k, we raced to San Clemente for a baseball tournament for R.J. The Trojans played a double header. R.J. pitched a great game. I enjoy watching him play because he loves the game so much. I am always looking for that smile that comes when he strikes someone out that he tries to hide it behind the glove. He makes baseball fun for me! Sore muscles and all it was a great holiday.

(Trojan's Labor Day Tournament)



17 comments:
What a great idea. I am going to pass it on to my Young Women.
I'm bummed that a ward 5K was planned AFTER we moved out of the ward. :( Good for you for doing it!
I think that is so awesome! Such a great idea! I will have to tell my sister about it who is in YW.
This is a great activity. Your baseball boy is so cute.
The 5k was so much fun! I didn't expect it to be so easy!
What a fun activity - I love the picture where my future son-in-law is giving you a high five as he runs by!
He is such a cutie! :0)
Are you getting super excited for this weekend? I am jealous just thinking about it!
Rachel Dear ...
I remember when we ran the Bay to Breakers in San Francisco and you ran all the way (except for that "little" area when we caught the bus.) The Hayes Street Hill wasn't so bad on the bus!
Call me next year and I'll check the bus schedule. You won't be so tired.
Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Padre
That is a great activity. And that Jamie Pyatt is AMAZING!
you go girl.
the baseball pics are great! new camera?
My bed felt REALLY good that morning.
Nice song :)
I secretly would love to run a 5K. I think it would be so fun and a good challenge, maybe next year when I have some baby weight to lose I can come along!
Nice Work. Now you are getting the bug that Alissa, Alison, and Heather have. Go for me. I need to have two more kids...maybe after that. Balancing 7 kids in two years? Well it can be done.
Seriously...I about peed my pants when I heard the theme from Chariots of FIre....why did we not have that playing at the finish line...that would have been PERFECT! Anyway...so glad you guys made it...the Hazen's make everything fun...can't wait for this weekend!
Good job!
I think it is a great idea- but I won't be suggesting it to my ward anytime soon so I don't feel guilty not running it! (I HATE RUNNING! )
I love our ward's 5k, but I don't run it, I walk it. Way easier to talk with my friends. :)
Have I told you lately that I think your kids are gorgeous? They are!
Great, great job!!! Very impressive!
I love that RJ hides the smile in his glove. He is humble and awesome.
Post a Comment