Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"If the Shoe Fits..."


Sunday morning before church I got an urgent text from Rob, "Bring my new, brown, leather slip-on shoe with you to church.  There is only one in the closet."  Apparently, while Rob was getting ready for church he wasn't paying too close attention to what he was doing.  And sweet Payton can sure be distracting.  He went to church with two different shoes on.  He didn't notice
 until he was in the middle of his first meeting.  What
 was so funny was, the shoes didn't even look alike.  One
 was black and had laces, the other was a brown and a slip-on.  He said he was fully engaged in a conversation with Payton and didn't notice what he did.  Poor Rob, he will never hear the end of it.  He had to conduct all his meetings (Bishopric, Ward Council) that morning  with mismatched shoes.  Payton loves the attention her daddy gives to her.   This just proves, when Payton talks Daddy sure does listen!

24 comments:

Annemarie said...

I love that you photo documented it. That is too funny!

brooke said...

how funny! as a joke you should wrap up sets of things mis-matched for christmas or a bday. never let him forget! totally cute that it was during his conversation with payton. love it!

Heather said...

How funny - Rob and I would get along great! I just did the exact same thing when we went camping this weekend!

PS - I am in for November! Sounds fun!

Kimberly said...

Hilarious that you documented with pictures. I have done that same thing- one of my most embarrassing moments ever.

Jessica said...

So funny and So funny that you took pictures of it! I love it!

Jessica said...

That's the mark of a devoted bishop, right? So early and so busy that he didn't notice his shoes.

Linsey said...

I love it...so funny that one was a lace-up and the other not. This will be a great post to share with Payton when she is older to prove her Daddy's devotion if she ever needs a reminder.

GO Gray's said...

too funny!!!! That means he's a great daddy.

Ashley Clark said...

So funny! Now he won't ever be able to forget it because you've blogged about it. That's great you brought your camera and everything. :)

Maxfield's Random Thoughts said...

That is just too funny. And what a great Dad, paying so much attention to his little girl.

Tristan said...

This makes for GREAT blogging!! What a cute story!

Lauren in GA said...

I love that you got a picture before you let him put his matching shoe on.

Payton has the power to mesmerize all the men in her life, I'm betting. ☺

the wrath of khandrea said...

it's nice to hear men doing these kids of things. in a strange way, it makes me feel better about the times i've done it.

oh, wait. i've never done that actually. wow. what a tool.

Ty and Lisa Mathis said...

Okay, that makes me laugh. I LOVE that it happened to our bishop. That is totally something Ty would do!!!

heidiram said...

Forget about the shoes. Rob you look GREAT!

heidiram said...

P.S. I'm totally not hitting on my brother. Allison told me he had lost a lot of weight. Now I'm finally seeing some pics.

diane said...

Too funny that he actually had to tie one and still didn't notice. Great shoesday post.

Pyatt said...

That was funny...by the way he did a great job talking to the girls on Sunday!!

Jake said...

He must've been TIRED getting ready for church! I don't blame him...

Little girls save the day!

Erin said...

This post made me laugh. :)

Karyn Parry said...

That is great!

crystal said...

Har! I totally did this last month and didn't notice 'til i walked into the restaurant. Tell rob he's not alone...there are a lot of us idiots out there. heehee

Anonymous said...

ha daddy so-ory that was funny

Jill said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!

(I know...I'm a little behind here:)