Yes, those SF Giants are ready for Opening Day! We made the trip out to hot Arizona to watch our beloved Giants prepare for the baseball season. Our family loves Spring Training, but not only for the baseball. We love relaxing and soaking up the sun at the pool. The kids would spend all day swimming if you let them. Another spot we like to frequent is a restaurant called "Don & Charlie's", the place is filled with wall to wall sports memorabilia. My boys could spend all night looking at all the signed balls, bats and jerseys. But, they are most famous for their Bar-B-Q Ribs. And they did not disappoint. We also made a trip to my favorite Sprinkles. We had our fill of cupcakes right before we hit the game. We were also very lucky to have Grandpa Hazen join us on the trip. It is because of him that Rob and now R.J. love baseball so much. When Rob was young he made the Spring Training Trip with his family and of course we have to carry on that family tradition! The Clifford's also made the trip, but they are Padre Fans (BOO!) We had a great family rivalry going. The kid's favorite part of the game is being able to see the Players up close and personal. They were even able to get a few of their balls signed! Now that we got a little taste of baseball, we can't wait for the season to begin! 
Friday, March 27, 2009
"Spring Training"
Posted by Hazen5 at 2:15 PM
Labels: Road Trip, Spring Training
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
Fun trip!
Go Padres!! sorry.
That sounds so fun! I love family traditions like thaat!
Glad your got your Sprinkles!
I'm with Annemarie.
It was a fun trip. I think it will become one of our traditions as well. Love AZ!
Hugs
Giants?!!! Whuuuuuu? Traitor traitor amongst us! Thank you Michelle....she knows whuts up!
Hello Kimmie, What do you expect my kids were all born in the BAY AREA! We are true Giants Fans, we bleed Orange and Black.
You do look good in orange.
Now that you know where I live you can bring the kids over to swim.
Totally emasculated the trip by telling everyone we got cupcakes on the way to a baseball game! I love the gang signs Rachel and Michele are flashing. Go gigantes.
"totally emasculated the trip..." that is the funniest thing ever. look, there's no shame in a man eating cupcakes. none. although i notice one man in the photo is not actually having one. beware the pride...
rachel, you are probably the happiest person i know. i love it.
I'm totally with you! GO GIANTS!! Only I am not a baseball fan, but I will cheer for any Bay area team. As long as it isn't from Oakland. Fun trip!
Loving you in the orange. No wonder you are a Giants fan. I mean, is there any better reason to cheer for a team other than looking good in their team colors?
Am I right or am I right?
i am glad that you guys are still loyal to the giants!!
it looks like ya'll had so much fun, one year skyler and i want to tag along!!
For Sure Lauren! How about a side trip to San Diego on your way to Oregon?
Hey Rachel! This is Emily Christ from Brentwood. I found your blog on here and wondered what you had been up to since you moved. So I thought I would be a "follower" so I could could see what you and your family are doing. Love your blog!! :D
Emily!!! It's so good to hear from you. How are you and your family doing? You have to catch me up on your life!
Sprinkes and swimming? I should have gone.
I just wanted to tell you that I switched the name of my blog so if the title • A Work in Progress • comes up on your reader (if you use Google reader) it is just me...don't be alarmed ;)
Post a Comment