It is one of my favorite times of the year, Baseball Season! We can't wait to hear those two little words... "PLAY BALL". We eat, drink and sleep baseball in this house. Rob is once again R.J.'s coach for his Bronco baseball team. Talk about father/son bonding, in their minds there is nothing better than a bat and a ball. Opening Day for the season was on Saturday and the Sports Complex was turned into a "Baseball Heaven". The day started off with the National Anthem. Each team was introduced and a boy threw out the "First Pitch". R.J. also participated in the Home Run Derby, he hit two off the wall! But, the big event was the "Dunk Your Coach" Dunk Tank. Our whole family could not pass up a chance to dunk Daddy! He was a great sport. He was very lucky it was a beautiful, hot day, he didn't mind being dunked in the water. The girls even got into it and sat near the tank so they could be splashed by the water every time someone hit the target perfectly! I am proud to say I did hit the target, but sometimes we cheated and hit the target with our hand (we couldn't help it, it was just too tempting!) We are excited to see what this season holds, R.J. can't wait to show off his pitching arm!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



16 comments:
We are totally a baseball family, too. Every year, it blows me away at how fast baseball comes. It seems like it's Christmas, then baseball, then Christmas.
I LOVE baseball and I miss my boys playing. I am going to live vicariously through RJ!
We LOVE baseball season here, too. Of course it can't start until the snow melts...we could just dunk our coaches in snow. Hmmm...
Go RJ!! I love that it is now the season for sports! So fun!
That is nice that they get to share that together. I hope Jaden and Trent can share sports as he gets older.
Zach's highschool team has their first game tomorrow, and Jax has his first game on Saturday.
Luckily, I love it too... ☺
I so remember those days with my brothers. Do they still have "big league gum" that was the best part!!!
Hey batter batter.
My boys played baseball for years. In HS they both picked up new sports, La Crosse and Volley ball.
Have a treat from the snack shack.
I love that dunk tank. My kids would totally get into that!
I think next season we may start t-ball. It is exciting and scary all at once. Scary because I will have to deal with the other two monkeys in the stands while I'm sure Dan will be out coaching with Jackson...
Have a fun season!
Cute pictures, what a fun day. I would say Rob was a LUCKY BOY it was a sunny warm day! There have not been very many of them lately.
I am excited! Yay! I will check the mail box everyday!
8755 Country Creek Trail
Colorado Springs Co 80924
Our opening day is tomorrow. I can't wait. Reese and Chris are on the same team this year. Sorry we missed you. Doug is doing a lot of work down there so I will let you know when we come back.
I had so fun at that time, I am so happy that R.j my big brother is starting baseball. GO ANGELS!!!!!!!!! Love, little sister paypay
What a fun day! Thanks for letting my kids tag along.You are the best sister ever! Can't wait to see R.J. play.
Hugs
PLAY BALL! It is a great phrase! HEre Here! We are a baseball family as well. We are coming on April 7-11. Let's figure out how to connect. It is coming faster then we think.
April
Post a Comment