On Sunday, March 8, R.J. got the greatest gift for his birthday. He received the Aaronic Priesthood and was ordained to the office of Deacon. R.J. had been looking forward and preparing for this day for a while now. He
was more excited to receive the Priesthood, than actually having his 12th birthday. For his big day we went
shopping to get him a brand new white shirt, tie and
dress slacks. He looked so handsome and
old in his new outfit. It was so comforting to have so many of our family members at church to witness his
ordination.
It brought tears to my eyes when they called my baby up to the pulpit
to receive his primary graduation certificate and the certificate for completing his "Faith in God". Then during the third hour
of church, they welcomed him to Priesthood and we went to the Bishop's office to have him set apart. Words can not describe how it feels seeing your son surrounded by the important men in his life.
Both Grandpas, uncles, cousins and Young Men Leaders were able stand in the circle as Rob blessed R.J. After the blessing, R.J. rose to give his dad a hug and I saw
tears streaming down his cheeks. No one could deny the spirit that was felt. I hope R.J. will remember these feelings and that this will be another stone used to build and strengthen his testimony.
We then ended the day with a big birthday dinner party for R.J. Grandma and Grandpa Hazen cooked up a feast to feed the whole family. It was so great to have friends and family supporting R.J. on his big day. I know this day will not be a day that he soon forgets!


14 comments:
Oh, you stinker. You have me in tears. That is special. And RJ is special. You and Rob have done an incredible job raising such a fine young man.
Hard to imagine that my little four year old son who just spit on his sisters head from the top of his bunk will ever be old enough and mature enough for the Priesthood!
That is so neat!! Way to go R.J.!
It was so nice to have all my family from both sides to be there to support me. And of course to end the perfect day, we played a game of dominoes. It was a great day all around.
What a great day and milestone. I can't wait (one more year!!) for my boys to have that experience.
You have a great kid!
Rachel,What a special day. I can only imagine the spirit. You and Rob are amazing parents and have raised an amazing son.
Your boy is now a young man. Enjoy him while you can.
R.J.,
We are so proud of you and the important step you have taken. We love watching you pass the sacrament in your white shirt and tie-you are a special young man and we are lucky to know you.
Rachel...cute dress.
Wow, time is truly the only constant in this life. Every second, every minute, every hour, and every day become weeks, to months, and finally years. I love to see how children grow and progress. It takes strong mom's and dad's today to help children to reach their milestones. Congrats on helping RJ getting to his. Parents hold that sacred duty...great job! You help inspire me to keep it real and moving forward. Thanks for all your comments!
April
What a wonderful young man RJ is. His parents have done a wonderful job, indeed.
I can't believe I will have a Deacon soon, too.
It was a very special day. I know that R.J. will never forget it.
We all had tears in our eyes when R.J. stood up after his ordination.
What a special young man. A great example to all of us.
I love you R.J.!
Hugs,
Aunt Michele
I LOVE YOU RJ!!! I wish we could have stayed to see you pass the sacrament for your first time.
Lolo, you would have loved watching R.J. Andrew kept saying, "Hi R.J., Hi R.J." really loud. It made R.J. smirk a little.
What a payday for you, Mom! So great to have two priesthood holders in your home!
That's awesome- congrats! It's the best feeling to see the ones you love making choices that will bring them true happiness :)
Post a Comment