It was San Elijo's Annual Daddy Daughter Dance last weekend. This gave us a perfect opportunity for "Date Night" with the kids. Rob took out the girls and I took out the boy. We have been doing these kind of date nights for a while now. The kids love the special attention they receive when they go out with just Mom or Dad. It was Payton's first time being able to go to the school's Dance. She has done nothing but, talk about it for the last month. Madison was a great big sister for sharing her dance partner for half the night. While the Daddy and girls danced the night away R.J. and I spent some much needed time together. We did the usual Dinner and a Movie. He is way more talkative and goes into a lot more detail when we are in this kind of environment. We talked school, sports, religion, morality, Word of Wisdom, girls and Priesthood. After going on these dates with the kids we have come to a conclusion of what is in store for their dating future:
-Payton is going to be a "Jealous" a girlfriend.
-Madison is going to be a "Low Maintenance" girlfriend.
-R.J. is going to need to talk about more than sports but, will be the perfect gentlemen.
We Only about 4 more years of "Dating" practice till our first child dives into the real dating pool. I think we will have the kids ready by then and have some fun preparing them in the process.

22 comments:
Oh my gosh, so cute! Ok....Rachel....your hair! CUTE!
I think it's so great that they have a daddy daughter dance. I still remember the daddy daughter camp out I went on with my dad. I was 4.
Wait...you cute your hair again! It is cute!!
Love that you have "Date Night" that is so fun! I think we will have to do that with our kids too.
Love the black and white dresses. :)
We do date nights with our kids too! I love how they open up...
Your haircut is fabulous!
I'm loving your hair!!!!
Great great idea. I hope my daughter finds a "perfect gentleman" in a few years...tell him to wait for a cute blonde from PA!
p.s. Rachel, would you be an interviewee on my blog sometime? Email me...I would love to ask you some questions!!
i love how you skim over the drastic change in hair style.
tell.
and we were just talking about starting date nights here with the kids. thanks for the push!
I love going on dates with my boys, too.
Looks like everyone had a great night!
Your hair is DARLING!
I drove past our town's little ice skating rink the other night, thinking that Kendon should take Sirri there on a date. Then, I started thinking about your date nights and how you use them as an opportunity to teach your kids about proper dating. You are such fabulous parents!
And your hair....DARLING!
I wish our school had a daddy/daughter dance. My daughter would LOVE that.
I should make him take her out and I'll take the boys out. Thanks for the idea!
Yeah...you just keep on thinkin' your kids will be ready for the dating world. You have my number and I'll be there when some shmuk breaks their hearts! I absolutely don't want to think of them dating, some loser taking out the beautiful Madison makes me want to cry. There will be no one worthy of them.
Love Date Night! The girls look gorgeous and R.J. is looking way too old. He looks very Handsome.
Can't believe he will be 12 next week.
I learned from this post that I need to have a date night with, Evan. He is 11 now...I want him to open up to me more. I want to have a heart to heart about those issues, too.
You and Rob are great parents!
We used to do daddy daughter dates! I loved them!!! I think its really great that you guys do this. Keep it up and I am sure that your kids will be perfect little daters when the time come!
TWINNER!!! i love love love you guys!!
I second, third, etc. eveyone else's compliments on your hair. It even outshines your son's spikey do.
My kids don't think they get to date until they are 21. And only if I approve of the datee. That's totally reasonable, right?
I love the girl's dresses...so adorable and so happy with their daddy-that's what it's all about.
Love the hair! And I wish we had a daddy/daughter dance around here. Looks like a blast.
I need your wise old {ok, not old - just experienced} counsel on how to have those "talks" with my boys.
Seriously.
Super great idea. WE are taking the kids out one at a time and it is amazing what you get to understand with them...super fun. Is there anyway we can get together and say hello when we come to Carlsbad? Let me know, I don't want to miss and opportunity like this.
April
You cut your hair and it's totally cute!!! I need to be brave like you!!!
I'm totally jealous of your recent cruise experience. I need to do that again!
Post a Comment