Happy Birthday R.J. On March 8, 1997 at 11:23 PM the doctor put this big, beautiful 9 pounds 1 ounce boy into my arms and my life was changed forever. In
honor of your 12th birthday, I have a "dozen" reasons why you are so special to us, and why we are so glad to have you born into our family.
12- Your
Deep Blue Eyes: They are just
like your daddy's! It's so hard to say no when I look into those baby blues.
11-Your enthusiasm for Scouts: You are so proud when you are dressed in full uniform. You have such a desire to work for
and pass of merit badges,
and you have FUN in the process.
10- You are a Fabulous Big Brother: Since the day of Madison's birth 18 months after you, you have not stopped being her protector. And you do the same for Payton. You love your sisters and make sure the are taken care of. You always put
them first!
9- You have a passion for everything SPORTS: You are happiest when
you are in the middle of a game. I love watching you play baseball, basketball,
soccer and cross-country. I love seeing you turn around on the pitcher's mound to hide your smile
from the
batter because you struck him out.
8- Education is a big priority to you: You work and study very hard to get into all
honors classes. It is your goal every semester to be on the Principal's Honor Roll. And you are looking towards the
future, you want to attend BYU!
7- You are a Leader, not a follower: Since pre-school every one of
your teachers has told me your classmates look
up to you and follow your example. You are a natural leader and always strive to do your best in all kinds of situations. We hope you always use this attribute
for leading those to good,
uplifting things.
6- You have a strong love for the Gospel: You bear your testimony
every Sunday by
your own choice. You read the scriptures all on your own. You have such a strong desire
to receive the Priesthood and to magnify it. Completing your "Faith in God" was easy, it was not something you HAD to do but,
what you WANTED to do. You are great missionary and share your beliefs with many friends.
5- You give the best Hugs and Kisses: Standing at 5 feet 6 inches, I receive "Man-Hugs" now. Sometimes I feel like you are going to crush my bones and I love it. You are never
embarrassed to give me a kiss and tell me you love me in front of
your friends. Please don't ever stop.
4- You love and Respect your grandparents: You listen and take heed to what they say and what advice they
give you. You make sure they are taken care of, you open doors for them, you assist them when they need help walking up and down stairs. You love to hear their stories of their pasts. And you love finding the things you
have in common with them.
3-
You are sensitive and let your feelings show: You wear your heart
on your sleeve! We always know what you are feeling. I am glad you let your emotions show. You have such a tenderness that people call you the
"Gentle Giant". I love the long talks we have and how you are not shy or scared to open up and share things.
I am very grateful you are not
afraid to to cry when you are touched by a movie, book or the spirit.
2- You have a love for music: It doesn't matter from what era the music is from if you like it, you like! And I am thrilled that you like MY music too. You are always listening to your ipod and always make sure none
of your music has bad words in it. I love seeing you and hearing you in the ward choir. And I am so proud that you are s
tretching yourself and learning to play the trumpet and piano.
1-You are the best Son: Dad and I could not have hand picked a
better boy to be
our first born. You make us smile everyday and make us want to be
the parents you deserve. You have a special relationship with each one of your family members and show your love for us in many different kinds of ways. You make us so proud when we see you strive to your fullest potential.
We love you R.J. Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!


22 comments:
Happy Birthday R.J.. We are so proud of you. I look forward to some of the new adventures ahead as you are in YM and scouts. Always be who you are and don't compromise for anyone.
Happy birthday R.J.! I love you so much! I couldn't have had a better big brother. I love how you try and protect Payton and I. I can't believe you are already 12!
And now reason # 13 ... you are so happy with life and the enthusiasm is infectious. Anyone who comes in contact with can't help but be a better person because of their knowing you.
We love you. Happy Birthday LB!
Love Grandpa (BB)
Dear big brother, I love you so much. You are the bestest brother ever. Happy 12th birthday. I wish I was with you forever. Love, pay pay
Oh my goodness...how cool is it that you got to received the Priesthood on your birthday! I think the reason you are so cool is you have lots of amazing examples-your parents, grandparents, aunt and uncles, and of course your mom's bff!
Happy Birthday R.J.-the Weenigs are proud of you!
Happy Birthday RJ! We love you and are so proud of you. We hope you had a very special and memorable day!
Happy Birthday RJ! We love you and are so proud of you. We hope you had a very special and memorable day!
i wish i was there to see RJ get the preisthood!! You have such a special place in my heart and i love you so much! I hope you have an amazing birthday!!
What a sweet post, and what a great boy! Seriously, Rachael... I need parenting tips! :)
RJ!!! We love you, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our other favorite 12 year old boy!! You are a wonderful young man and are so loved by everyone who knows you. You're terrific.
He is one handsome little guy. I love that your daughter commented on your blog to him! So cute.
Happy Birthday RJ!! He is such a good looking kid! A real lady killer! ;)
Happy Birthday RJ!
What a good boy. Truly, truly, truly.
He is so handsome, too. I betcha' he has quite a few female fans at school and church.
My oldest turns 12 in July...even though I am not old enough to have a 12 year old. *cough*
Dear R.J.,
What a special day it was yesterday.
Happy Birthday and ordination day.
You are a wonderful example to all the cousins. I hope that "Buddy" will follow in your footsteps.
Hugs,
Aunt Michele and all the Clifford Fam
i think a follow-up post is in order to tell about AT LEAST ONE BAD THING the kid has done! ONE? ONE? come on, there has to be at least one!!
happy bday to a clearly stellar young man.
Dang, that is a handsome kid you've got there. Wish I had a ten year old girl to bethrothe to him. Happy birthday to your big boy!
Oh, it's so much better when they like your music. What a bonus.
Happy birthday, RJ!
What a tribute! Iam learning more and more about my cousins and second cousins from all that you wrtie. Thank you so much for helping me to know this side of the family. Happy Birthday!! I hope that it was a great one! Just remember to lead with love. You are a great example! Thanks for sharing!
Can I ask you another question? Do you think it would be possible for us to get together on Conference weekend in San Diego? Scott would like to go to Preisthood with someons, and I thought that it would be great to visit with you wil the men are in the meeting. Is that something that could work out?
write me
april.flitton@comcast.net
April
Can it be? Is is so? Happy Birthday RJ. Hope you had a fabulous day. If I know your mom, she knows how to make things extra special. One more year and you are a teen!
12! That's a big one. He seems to be a very well rounded likeable kid. AND, he is VERY handsome.
Rach, i need to call you, but it keeps slipping my mind. If i don't call you, call me. love you!
We love RJ! Best babysitter on the Pacific! CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS on such a big milestone! {I don't know about that attending BYU business, though...}
Post a Comment