The feast lasted all day and all night! We feasted upon the inspired words from our General Authorities and feasted upon the delicious food made by our daddy. We were spiritually and physically fed till we were stuffed! Conference for us is all about being "FED". For breakfast during the first session we had German pancakes, "Love at Home" Stratta, Potatoes and bacon. This year I made something new for the kids, Conference Folders. It contained activities to keep them listening and attentive during the talks. And those conference packets also work wonders (thanks Nikol). But, the kids are getting older and can actually sit and listen for at least a little while. It's neat to watch your kids sitting quietly taking notes on the words the Prophet is speaking. I hope one day they will read their Conference Journals and take to heart what they have written. For the second session we had snacks. Different kinds of Cheese and Crackers, olives and salami filled our bellies. This is also the session we play our favorite, "Conference Bingo". This time the kids got a little too competitive and we had to shut down the game a little early. But, that was okay we didn't let the M&M markers go to waste! My favorite talk of the day was Elder Holland's. He spoke with such passion and faith that I really "felt" what he was saying. He has such a strong, heart felt testimony of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. We completed the Conference with our last feast for dinner. We had Rosemary, Thyme crusted Prime Rib, Mashed potatoes and Bacon Wrapped Asparagus. And for dessert, Pumpkin-Banana Mousse Pie. All the kids helped prepare the feasts, it was such a good family day. A day where we stay in our jammies, eat to our hearts content, enjoy each others company and be spiritually uplifted. A perfect day in my eyes!




14 comments:
you are the cutest mommy! what an amazing conference you guys had! love all your fun kiddo ideas.
Damn! Can I come over for next conference?!?
You are awesome!!
I love all the thoughtful family traditions you have. You are a great mom. Also, thanks for adding a link to our profile. You are a good friend.
I'm coming over next conference for the FOOD!
I want to be a part of your family, you make conference Sunday look like so much fun! Next time I hope I'm invited!
Hey sister - you need to open up your home for the next upcoming conference - we will be there! Caitlin can sit by RJ and work on their packets together! :0)
We are so coming to the Halloween party - send me the details - sounds so fun!!!!
You are just too stinkin' cute!!! I love the conf. packets. My little ones are totally entertained by them.
So, so lovely Rachel!
I loved Elder Hollands talk, too. He said things with such POWER.
Okay, I did the same things...made lots of goodies, assembled Conference Packets in a binder...but your stuff is, well, cute.
I think I hate you. Wail!!!!
Can I come be your intern? Seriously. Can I????
I'm telling.....Tristan said "damn" & "conference" in the same sentence.
She's going to hell! (tattle-voice)
And yes, I will be there with her. For various reasons.
I want your pumpkin banana mouse recipe! What a great mom you are!
YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!! Those are some great ideas.
Who is that weird looking guy sitting at your dinner table?!
Thanks so much for letting him be with you guys - I know he enjoys and appreciates it very much and so do I! I hate when he is gone over weekends, especially lazy conference weekend, but it feels a little better knowing he is with good friends! Thank you!
Amy,
We were so happy to have Dave join the family feast! He is welcome anytime. He told us about your cabin in Park City for Thanksgiving, I think we are going to crash with you for a day!
Post a Comment