Saturday, October 17, 2009

"11 Years Ago Today"

Today is Maddie's 11th birthday.  For those that have known Maddie since she was a baby, know that she was able to let her big brother do the talking for her and many thought she was just shy.  But the truth is she is anything but shy.  Here are a few things about her.  She loves to learn.  She is very task oriented and will complete her homework without being nagged, yelled at or bribed.   Her teachers compliment her work ethic and desire to learn.  Each of the kids have head lamps that they use for reading at night before bed.  Almost every night Maddie needs to be told to turn her lamp off and stop reading.  She loves books.  She loves to cook.  She will cook for her brother and sister on date night and loves to help in the kitchen especially for Sunday dinner.  Pumpkin-Banana Mousse Tort....mmm!  Maddie loves animals.   If limits weren't set, she would be a modern day Noah with 2 of every kind.   She even feels bad for the mouse that her cat drags in no matter how nasty it may be.  She has a beautiful smile and her eyes sparkle.  The boys have been warned that they better stay away.  We are taught that we can have joy in our children.  Maddie brings true joy to her parents, family and friends that know her.  We love you and hope you have a good birthday.

Love,
Your Daddy




19 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

Happy Birthday, Maddie. You are a beautiful girl. I hope your day is fabulous!

I love that Rob wrote this, by the way. What a good daddy.

heidiram said...

Happy Birthday Maddie Girl! We love you!

SFGiantsDude said...

Happy 11th Birthday Chatterbox! I'm so glad to have a sister like you. You always are kind to your family and your friends. You are such a great example.

Love RJ

Hazen5 said...

Madison,
I ditto everything dad wrote! You are one special girl. We were so blessed 11 years ago when you were born, our lives only changed for the better. Not a day goes by that you don't bring a smile to our faces and laughter to our mouths.

I Love You Chatterbox,
Mom

Heather said...

How cute that your husband took the time to write that to Maddie!

Maddie is super cute and I am sure she will have a fabulous Birthday!

Papa Nacho said...

Dear MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMadison

We are so blessed to have such a beautiful, thoughtful, smart, gracious, spiritual, loving, considerate, shining, hard working, perfect granddaughter.

You are a joy to all who know you. Happy birthday sweetheart. Wish we were with you today, but we are counting the hours until we see all of you at Thanksgiving.

Love

Grandpa (BB)

Christie said...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure those boys will NOT want to stay away. She is a cutie!

Kim Walus said...

Happy Birthday Maddy! I'm sure it will be a great day for you. I know your parents adore you and how sweet for dad to write this post about you.

I love to read too and I have a book suggestion just for you. It's the spy series by Ally Carter. It's fun and it's clean. You'll love it. The first book is called. "I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill You." It's about a girl whose parents are spies and she's a spy too. She goes to the Gallagher Academy for Girls which is actually a spy school for girls of parents who are spies or important people. It's a really fun series with currently 3 books in the series. Number 4 is coming out next year sometime. You can check it out on Amazon.

Tristan said...

I so love that her Daddy wrote this!! So sweet! She is beautiful!! Her blonde locks are just gorgeous! Happy Birthday Madison!

Lauren in GA said...

I agree with Tristan...how neat that her Daddy wrote this to her. It was wonderful to hear about your wonderful girl.

I looked at the mosaic and loved all of the pictures. Is that chocolate or mud around her mouth in that one pic? It looks like a little mud goatee. ☺

Jenibelle said...

Dear Maddie;
It seems like I've known you forever and loved you forever. I am so thankful that you are such an important part of our family's lives. We think you are absolutely wonderful and can't wait til you get to start babysitting Carter and all the other little Evans babies. I love that you are finding yourself so young. You are a good leader, a great example, a sweet big and little sister and a wonderful daughter. You are truly special.
Love you forever Maddie girl!!!
Jeni

Maxfield's Random Thoughts said...

Happy Birthday Maddie!!

Hazen5 said...

Lauren,
Mud is right! The little stinker found a puddle of mud and wanted to take a taste. The camera won over the napkin, I couldn't help but take a picture before cleaning her poor mouth!

Lauren said...

Maddie, I love you more than you will ever know and I loved watching you grow up. You were 1 [almost 2] when I started babysitting you and I remember how much I loved you. You have always been so special and I remember when we used to call each other best friends and had a song and dance together. I hope you will love my kids the way I love you guys! Sorry I didn't call today, we were out fishing on the river but I will call you soon and you have to tell me all about your big day. I love you!!
LOLO

Anonymous said...

Maddie happy birthday! I am so proud of you big sister. Did you like the ring I made you? You are so specail in our family. I love you so much. You are funny I liked the game we played this morning. I love when you tease me. Love, Payton

grammy said...

You will always have a special place in my heart. After you were born your Mom had to go back to the hospital. Lucky Grandma was able to take care of you and take you to your Mom to be fed. You are a beautiful young lady. Happy Birthday darlin I love you.

queenieweenie said...

Happy Happy Birthday Maddie dear! You are such a beautiful girl and we love you so, so, SO very much. I can't believe you are in 6th grade already..will you show Jakey the ropes next year? You are a wonderful daughter, sister, and friend and we are proud to know you.

Loves!!!

the wrath of khandrea said...

happy birthday to maddie!

Michele said...

Happy Birthday to My Beautiful, Talented, Intelligent Niece.
We love you!
Aunt Michele