Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Today is not only Bastille Day, but it is our 14th year anniversary.  So in honor of Rachel here are the top 14 things I love about her:

14-Traditional.  She loves the
 traditions of her family, my family and our family and makes sure the traditions are not forgotten.  She also has introduced new traditions to our family that our kids have embraced.

13-Low Maintenance-
I mean this in a good way. When times 
are tough, she doesn't demand a lifestyle that puts undue financial pressure on the family.

12-Family-She loves her parents, sisters, brothers, husband, children, nieces and nephews.  
She makes sure the kids always know "Family First".

11-Friends-I love that she appreciates the need to have friends but
 is able to strike a healthy balance.  She can go hang out with the girls to re-charge her batteries.

10-Laid back-Dinner and a movie are her idea of a great date.  Hanging out at the beach is her dream Saturday.

9-Carnivore-A meal at Morton's is heaven for us both.

8-Her laugh-When you get her laughing it is contagious.  Every now and then you can even get a snort.

7-Service-She loves the people she serves whether it is Young Women, Cub scouts 
or sisters she is teaching.

6-Friendly-
Whether it is a new person at Church, a mother at a soccer game, or someone at a party, she makes you feel like a million bucks.  

5-Follow the Prophet-She has a testimony of the Gospel.  She loves and follows the Brethren.  Our children see that there is 
safety when they listen to and follow the Prophet's counsel.

4-Supportive-She is supportive of my work, church callings, and baseball committments.

3-Attractive-She has the most amazing smile, beautiful skin and is the most 
incredible looking woman I have ever seen.  After 14 years, she still makes me as crazy as the day of our wedding hoping the photographer would hurry up so we could leave.  

2-
Teacher-She teaches our 
children the Gospel.  They are taught how to pray, how to read, how to act, what things to avoid.

1-Friend-From the first day we hung out until the day we were married, we were together almost every single day.  I couldn't get the courage to kiss you for a month because I thought you were out of my league.  But we were able to hang out and determine that
 we were pretty good friends.  I love hanging out with you.  I love being with you and well since this blog isn'
t private, we'll end this right now......

Happy Anniversary





 

23 comments:

Hazen5 said...

Thanks Baby, you are the best! I think I got the better end of the deal. You always know that a "blog post" hits my heart the hardest. You are a fabulous husband and father and I can't wait to spend a lot more years laughing and growing older together, because this is only the beginning!

I love you!

Annemarie said...

Happy Anniversary!! You guys are perfect couple!

Pyatt said...

How great is that--a hubby post!! So cute...you guys must have been married at 12 to be married 14 years...you don't look a day over 22! Happy Anniversary!

Tristan said...

That was just so sweet!! Happy Anniversary you guys!!

Erin & Danny said...

You should write a book called, "The 6th Love Language: Posting on your Spouse's Blog." You guys are too cute! Happy 14th!

Christie said...

I think he should write a book for husbands teaching them how to do anniversary posts. That was amazing!

Happy 14th, friend.

heidiram said...

Happy Anniversary Guys! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Heather said...

Too too cute! I better put a bug in my hubbies ear for our upcoming 'Versary!" We hit the big 15 this year!

Happy Anniversary - you guys are so cute!

BTW - Come to the beach with us!

Joan said...

Rob and Rachel, Happy Anniversary! Sorry for stumbling upon your blog, but Rob MAY remember me as "Hermana Hansen" as I still remember him as "Elder Hazen" from the good ol' MTC. Glad to get caught up again.

misschatterbox said...

Mom and dad, you guys are such great parents. I am so glad that you are my parents. I couldn't ask for any one better. Happy 14th anniversary ! I love you so much!

the wrath of khandrea said...

rob... if you kick the bucket prematurely, i'm moving in on your woman.

Connie said...

Happy Anniversary!

Marcie said...

That was darling and so are you both! :)

Jenibelle said...

Aw.....you both ARE pretty terrific. I'm a huge fan of the Hazen duo.
Love you guys mucho.

SFGiantsDude said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad that you guys love each other and make each other happy. I love you!

Papa Nacho said...

Nuts ... I wanted to be the first to say Happy Anniversary. One of these days I'll get it right that Heidi was married on the 15th not you guys. At least I got the month right.

You are the perfect couple that all parents dream and pray for. We are so proud to be The Mom and The Dad.

Just as a warning ... it only gets better as each year passes so get ready. Happy Anniversary (either one day late or 364 days early).

See you next week.

Padre

Lauren said...

WOOHOO 14 years!! I love this whole list, its the reason i love you so! Skyler and I's one year is coming up, crazy!! Hope Rob planned something great for you guys, love you

grammy said...

You probably knew that this was your GOLDEN ANNIVERSITY... 14 ON THE 14TH...WAY TO GO lOVE YOU . CAN'T WAIT TO BE WITH YOU XOXOXO

Ashley Clark said...

Cute! Was it really 14 years ago? I still remember your wedding like it was yesterday. Congratulations to you both.

Lauren in GA said...

This was amazing! All of the things you said about her were so wonderful. This post was a great gift for your wonderful Rachel. I loved every word!

April said...

Happy Happy! I need help slurping and blurbing the blog! Please help!
April

Karyn Parry said...

That was so nice!!! Rob's a good guy and I agree Rachel you are awesome. Happy Anniversary guys!

Audry said...

That's a great tribute from your husband. What a great guy!