(Payton Played: Love Somebody, If I won Ten Million Dollars & Indian Song)

(Madison Played: Viva La Rumba & Love One Another)

(R.J. Played: Christ the Lord is Risen Today & Teach Me To Walk in the Light)
At the end of the school year recitals always follow! Usually we are busy with dance recitals but, dance took a back seat to Piano this year. It has only been 6 months since the kids have been taking piano lessons and already my house is filled with hymns and other beautiful music. Ms. Ai their piano instructor works magic. The kids are very eager to attend their lessons and never complain or have to be reminded to practice (knock on wood). Being our first piano recital we couldn't wait for the day to come. The kids all dressed up to the nines and were actually feeling very nervous to perform on stage under a spotlight in front of an audience! They all played calmly and beautifully. Rob and I were beaming from the second row! I wanted to jump up out of my seat and yell, "Bravo, Encore!" But, I think the kids would have died from embarrassment!


14 comments:
Piano is something I wish I would have stuck with when I was younger. Recitals are fun and I'm glad the your kids made you proud!
Ditto what Tristan said. They will be so glad they are doing this!
Soo fun - I always tell my little ones that someday they will be so grateful that they learned the piano!
Only 6 months and already their repertoires are greater than mine - how fun. Love the girls dresses!
Shelly, my kids are taking from a gal that lives down the street. The Udas and McKnights take from her also. She is awesome!
I remember Indian Song!! It was the last song in my red piano book!!
Your kids are fantastic. I hope I don't embarrass them, either but I just wanted to say, "BRAVO, ENCORE!"
You pay for the lessons so you can make all the fuss you want. I'm giving them a standing ovation right now.
We need to plan another pool day. Is next week good?
if you don't put something obnoxious up about your kids soon, i'm gonna quit reading your blog.
Could it be that the kids got their talent (one generation removed) due to the fact I had to watch Liberace when I was a kid? If so, keep an eye on RJ ... if you know what I mean?
Congratulations on a job well done. I can't wait to see y'all and we'll grab a piano at some bar and have the kids perform. Then they would have reason to be embarrassed as we ALL jumped up and said Bravo! Encore!
See you soon.
Padre
I do think you have the most talented kids on Earth. We're going to get Lily into piano as soon as we get settled in our new casa.
o i do not like my smile! that was fun i want to keep on taking lessons i will lagh so much if my mom or dad yelled that out!
I can't wait for piano lessons. I SO SO SO WISH my mom would have MADE me take piano. Aaron and I agree... the only extra activity our children will HAVE to do... is piano.
I've never ONCE met someone whose mother MADE them take lessons and once they got older said... "yah... that was such a waste of time, I wish my mom didn't mske me learn to play". NOT ONCE!!!!!!
But hopefully, I will not have to MAKE my kids play and they will be like yours and WANT to play. I may be looking for pointers in the next few years...
GREAT! is is possible that anyone can still learn. Nice work with the family!
April
Post a Comment