Friday, October 17, 2008

"Madison Is a Decade Old!"

Ten years ago today Rob and I were on our way to San Francisco to see the play "Ms. Saigon". Our bags were packed to spend the night, we dropped R.J. off at grandma and grandpa's, we were headed for our last hooray before the baby came! Well, on the way to the bank to get cash for our getaway our plans quickly changed. All of a sudden I felt a gush. I said to Rob, "I think my water just broke!" We were in the car and Rob panicked for a second and made me sit on a newspaper. San Francisco and Ms. Saigon did not happen but, Madison Alena was born the next morning at 3:23 AM, two weeks early! She shocked the nurses by weighing 8 lbs. 15 oz. The doctor thought she was going to be a small baby and actually asked me to gain weight (every pregnant women's dream). She was a beauty from day one! For the past 10 years Madison has brought nothing but joy and happiness to our family. She loves everything about animals. She loves to cook and create in the kitchen. She takes risks. She is becoming a great seamstress just like her grandma. She can kick a soccer ball like nobody's business. She is the best helper. She never gives up. She will read all day if you let her. Her smile lights up any room. She dances like a prima- ballerina. She is a loyal and great friend. She can memorize anything you put in front of her. She always tries her best at what ever she does. She takes such good care of Misty her cat. She is so brave, she'll hold or touch any animal or creature, and go on any roller coaster (the bigger the better). She has an infectious laugh. She writes short stories. She can tie 5 different kinds of knots . She is so smart. She is very artistic and can draw animals. She can groom, bridle, harness and ride horses. She has a sweet testimony of the Gospel. And best of all she is the best sister and daughter to us! We are so thankful for her, our family would not be complete with out our "Little Ms. Chatterbox"! Happy 10th birthday Madison, we love you!!!

17 comments:

Michele said...

I knew it was Madison's birthday today and I wanted to be the first one to wish her HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We all love your very much Madison. You are such a wonderful example to all your cousins. We can't wait to celebrate with you. See you later today.
Hugs,
Aunt Michele

queenieweenie said...

Happy Happy Birthday Madison Dear....

The Weenigs hope you have THE BEST day at Disneyland with your family. You are such a sweet girl and we love you!

Connie said...

Wow! Happy Birthday to Madison!

Paige said...

Gorgeous pics of her!

Tristan said...

Happy Birthday Madison! She is just beautiful!

Jenibelle said...

And she loves Banana Muffins and French Toast and Jeni. She LOVES, LOVES, LOVES Jeni!! Right Maddie girl?

Happy Birthday to the most gorgeous
ten year old I know!!!

Amy Proctor Timmerman said...

We were at Disneyland yesterday! Happy Birthday! Has it been a year already?

Lauren said...

MADDIE!!! I meant to call you today and now it is getting late! I love you so much and hope you had the best birthday ever. You are the sweetest girl and will always will be my best friend...

"let's get together ya,ya,ya"

Lauren in GA said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful girl!!!!!!!!!!

My youngest changed our plans, too...I started wondering...did I wet myself? but my water had broken!

Madison is a wonderful girl...you are a great mom ☺

Anonymous said...

hi dede happy tenth birhday. I love you. your the best. love pay.

brooke said...

She really DOES have an infectious smile. I always loved having Madison in Primary. She is turning into an amazing young woman!!

April said...

That is great! Happy Birthday. I know that you don't much about us, but I thought that I'd check things out and say hello more often.It is so great to see the children grow up and see the fruits of your labors.
Loves! And we'll be keeping in touch.
April

Jake said...

I'll take a baby over Miss Saigon any day! Happy Birthday.

Nortorious said...

Happy birthday! I hope you got a refund on your theater tickets!

Carrie said...

What great pictures! She was an adorable baby. Great skin!! I am sure she loves to hear the story of your water breaking in the car.

momala@grammy.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle Baird Designs said...

Happy late birthday Madison. You are beautiful girl!