Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"Celebrating at the D-Land"

It has become a tradition in our family that when a child turns double digits they get to go away to celebrate their decade of life. Rob took R.J. to Arizona for the Giants Spring Training so, it was my turn to whisk Madison away for her celebration. I kidnapped her from school and surprised her by taking her to the Happiest Place on Earth! We stayed at the Hilton and had some great Mother-Daughter time. We went to Down Town Disney and went to the Libby Lu Club where they turn you into a Princess. She got her hair and nails done, she looked adorable. She had so much fun being pampered. Then we hit Disneyland. She was presented a button there because it was her birthday and every Disneyland employee we saw wished her a happy birthday! We had a blast being just the two of us, and went on all the scary rides first because they are HER favorite. We then ended up eating dinner at her favorite Cheesecake Factory where she got a birthday Chocolate Chip Cookie dough Cheesecake. By that time we could not take another step and went back to the hotel to get a good nights rest for the next day at Disneyland. I made sure to wake her up at 3:23 AM (the exact time she was born) to give her a hug and tell her how much I love her! Then in the morning we sat in bed and looked at her baby photo album. That morning we picked up Rob, R.J., and Payton at the train station so they could join us at Disney. We were glad to meet Clifford cousins there too so Madison and Kate could celebrate their birthdays together! Finally, at the day's end Madison was exhausted and tucked into her bed and I sat there with her and fulfilled one last birthday tradition, I told her the story of her birth. I always describe to the kids the time line of when they were born, they love every detail! We had such a memorable time together, she is such a sweet girl and she deserved every minute of this celebration!

(Pampering at the Libby Lu Club)



(Good times at Disneyland)


(Madison's B-B-Q Rib Birthday Dinner)

21 comments:

kimmie kimmie coconut said...

Waht a great tradition Rachael! Once again.... you are an awesome mommy!

Tristan said...

Now that is how you celebrate your birthday! How fun!!

Kimberly said...

Completely darling. I love thinking about family traditions and am imspired by the post (in fact, I'll probably link it, hope you don't mind). Glad you had a great time!

queenieweenie said...

Lucky girl! She learned from the best how to celebrate a birthday!

Annemarie said...

What a fun birthday celebration!! I love that idea!

♥Shally said...

And THIS is another reason I love blogging!

You have such great ideas for traditions with your family that I want to adopt into mine.

Thanks for sharing!

AnnEE said...

I'm definitely going to have to tuck this tradition into my pocket to remember down the road....

She's getting too old. No more! I love Miss Maddie!

the wrath of khandrea said...

i do not think there is a better mom on earth than you. i can't decide now if i want you to raise my kids for me, or just adopt me instead.

Lisa-Marie said...

Oh, that is too much fun! I love the traditions. Your kids will ALWAYS remember their special birthdays!

Hazen5 said...

Andrea, I will adopt you all! Your kids are too cute. Move to San Diego, you can help me raise my kids and I will help you with yours!!!

diane said...

Wow, you guys really know how to celebrate.

misschatterbox said...

Thanks for a great birthday mom! It was the best! I love you!

Erin said...

What a wonderful tradition.

I am taking notes!!!! Rachel, I really admire your ability to make every moment so special for your kids. What wonderful memories they'll have.

Lauren in GA said...

What an amazing birthday!!!! I love it! I also love the fact that you brought her baby album. It made me teary :)

Bridget said...

Wow. What a fun birthday you gave her! I love that you gave her a hug in the middle of the night at her birth time. We were just in Disneyland last week! Loved it.

gab said...

I love how much you love your kids, Rachel!

Audry said...

Fun! Fun! Fun! We miss So. Cal. and all it's perks.

Hollyween said...

That is one gorgeous, lucky girl! How fun!! I want to start that tradition with my kids!

Steph said...

Those are some great birthday traditions! I just might have to copy you!

Michele said...

Sooo fun! We have to go again soon. I can't believe our girls are a decade old.

Paige said...

I just read that and realized I'm a birthday failure. Your kids have a good mom. Mine have a good enough mom. But I am taking them out of school in December 8 so we can go to disneyland with no lines!