Friday, October 31, 2008

"Halloween Past & Present"

For the past twelve years, since R.J. was born I have been sending out Halloween Cards of the kids. It all started when I lived in the Bay Area, I was so sad that my family who lived in SoCal and other various states would not be able to see R.J. dressed up in his "Bee" costume for his first ever Halloween! Therefore, the tradition of the "Halloween Cards" began. Some of the costumes were made with the help of my mom but, most were bought. Every card from every year is displayed proudly on my Buffet and every picture taken is framed and put out once a year in October on a console so the kids can laugh at themselves. I can't believe it's been 12 short years, I don't know how much longer R.J. will dress up and "LET" me send out these cards. At least I still have 2 willing girls to dress up!

"Bee" October 1997

"PO & Flower" October 1998

"Dalmatians" October 1999

"Winnie the Pooh & Tigger"

October 2000

"Captain Hook & Tink" October 2001

"Fire Chief & Mouse" October 2002

"G.I. Joe & Cats" October 2003 "Harry Potter, Frog & PO" (R.J.'s old costume)
October 2004

"Zorro, Leopard & Minnie Mouse"

October 2005


"Darth Vader, Witch & Princess Ariel"

October 2006


"Survivor Contestant, Queen & Sleeping Beauty"
October 2007


"Vampire, Chef & Ladybug"
October 2008
Happy Halloween!!!
We hope you all have a "Spooktacular" night.

27 comments:

queenieweenie said...

there you go...making the rest of us look bad. I seriously love this tradition of yours. Last week at your party I was looking at all the pictures. It's crazy how fast they all grow up!!!

Audry said...

Cute costumes. That's a great idea. I bet the kids love looking at the pictures of all their old costumes.

Amy Proctor Timmerman said...

Why didn't I think of that tradition? - I LOVE it! I guess I can do it with my grandkids.

Fact:Bears eat beets said...

What are you dressing up as tonight?

Lauren said...

I remember the Dalmatian card, i've known your kids since they were babies and i don't even know when they grew up, it's so crazy!! I love this post because i have ALMOST every card, and yes i have them saved! I love you guys!

Linsey said...

I'm bookmarking this post for future reference. Not only are your kids adorable every year, this is a fabulous collection of costumes that I might just need for inspiration one day.

the wrath of khandrea said...

i actually felt nostalgic looking at all those pictures.

Annemarie said...

Cute tradition! I bet your family loves getting those cards!!

Bridget said...

Good for you. What great cosstumes you've done.

Tristan said...

I love that you have all these pictures! They were so fun to look at! Happy Halloween!

diane said...

I have a friend that sends Halloween cards too.
Does that mean you get to skip Christmas cards?

Michelle said...

I always loved getting or seeing your Halloween cards. Your kids are so photogenic and beautiful. That's so great that you have all those photos nearby and organized. Such cute photos or such cute kids!

Jessica said...

I need to come over and sit down with you and have you tell me all of your traditions (so I can copy). Thanks for the yummy treat! I loved it!

Jake said...

Your children look like the photo inside the frame! So All-American and gorgeous.

Unknown said...

I recognize most of the pictures from seeing them on Gma Tribe's fridge!

Lauren in GA said...

What a fabulous trip down memory lane! I loved seeing all of those pictures! I think 2004 was my favorite! All of them were cute, though!!!! So adorable!

Celia Fae said...

I feel honored that I've actually received some of those very cards. I liked the Valentine's ones too.

Jenibelle said...

Dang you Celia!! I was going to brag that I have the Valentines too and the Christmas ones, and the beach ones and a few camping ones....
We love the Hazen kids.

Paige said...

Oh, I studied every single picture and loved them! So cute that you made them match before Payton was born. RJ is a great vampire.

April said...

I love the archived pictures! They are wonderful. I'm glad you had a great time. You have a beautiful family. Hope to hear from you.--Cousin April

momala@grammy.com said...

You could open a House of Halloween for all the great costumes. Have you saved them ?
Did Chef Maddie make a pie with the pumpkins or did she whip up " meal in a pumpkin"?

Love ya

Michelle Baird Designs said...

Great post. Fun to look back and see the different costumes and how they have grown. And they look awesome this year too! Hope Halloween was fun!

Kelli said...

they are all so cute. Great job.

Matt & Brooke said...

I'm pretty sure i'll be stealing this tradition! (and your xmas one too) Thanks for a great idea!

Michele said...

I love that you frame all of the photos every year. Such a fun tradition!

AnnEE said...

Super cute! I'm trying to follow in your footsteps with all of these cute traditions!

Steph said...

OK. I've decided that you are the QUEEN of traditions. You have a tradtion for EVERYTHING! I love it!