We were tired of the same old "Dinner and a Movie Date Night", so we tried something new! We dusted off our cowboys hats, boots and wranglers and went
to the Poway Rodeo. Believe me it was something different. Being a cowboy or cowgirl is a life style! They really now how to have fun. I have never been to a rodeo, I was mainly going for the food. We were pleasantly surprised
at how action packed the rodeo was. Pretty soon we were shouting "Ye-Haw" with the rest of them. They even had races for little kids to see who could stay on and ride sheep the longest called
Mutton Busting. There was also the Team Roping event which two men on horses try and rope the running steer. I was rooting for the steer! They saved the best event for last, the Bull Riding! I think
Cowboys are a little crazy, it did not look like fun at all. But it was fun to watch! We all had a blast and can't wait till next year, but I think I'll need to get a bigger belt buckle.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
"Giddy Up!"
Posted by Hazen5 at 6:24 PM
Labels: Date Night
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

27 comments:
What a fun idea! However I don't know about that food? I blew up the picture before I read your post...then I had to laugh! You all look so cute!
I'm so glad you had fun even though I wasn't there to sneeze my way through!
Actually Carrie, I was so sad, the food sucked! Here I was so looking so forward to some good B-B-Q!
You are living in the wrong part of the country girlfriend, because you look darling in that hat!!!! You need to live somewhere you can wear that baby everyday! Glad you had fun! Too bad the BBQ stunk. One more reason to come here. Jackson has Bubbas. A FAB BBQ joint!
My favorite thing about a rodeo is the mutton busting. I was at the State Fair last year, and there was a kid who they finally had to pull him off the sheep because the sheep stopped moving and the kid had a death grip on it to keep from falling off. It was pretty funny. I can't stand to watch the bull riding, though... It's a little too violent for me when the rider gets thrown.
Hey, you were in my neighborhood. I live in Sabre Springs. You probably drove right by my house...kinda.
I've lived here for 25 years and have never been to the rodeo.
And the belt buckle better have your name sudded with rhinestones on it!!
I love rodeos!
and county fairs.
everytime I go, I think, I need to have the wardrobe for these events. did you fit in?
You just got me in the mood to go to a rodeo!!! HOW FUN!!!!
I haven't been to a rodeo in a long time, but they are so fun!! I agree with you though, them cowboys are crazy!
You also need chaps and a rhinestone covered leather jacket... ;)
Mutton Busting made me laugh!!!!! The whole thing sounds like it was very exciting!
I also laughed that you were rootin' for the bull! ;)
So fun! What a great idea. I should really try and be more creative with my date nights but they are few and far between and usually I just want to go someplace where I don't have to cook. :)
My favorite rodeo story was when we went to the Ute Stampede in Nephi, Utah. It was a classic rodeo with macho cowboys a plenty. The funniest part of the whole evening was during "half-time" when they played Y.M.C.A and all the cowboys started doing the motions. :) So funny!
P.S. Love the hat!
Rach you guys are so FUN! they have rodeos up here but they make me nervous. They put 3 year old kids on those things!!
I miss you guys, we will have to plan a trip soon!
That is a great idea---didn't know Poway was so.....western! I remember my first & last rodeo in UT--what an experience. Looks like you all had fun.
That is so cool! What a great idea!!!
What a fun date! My husband and I did a rodeo early on in our marriage. Great memories.
My sisters and I went to a rodeo in Texas last year, it was a blast! Bummer about the food being yucky, cowboy stuff should always good food.
I just deleted a really raunchy comment having to do with boots, ropes and Rob. Use your imagination.
Rodeos are the best! What a fun date!
I was looking for my snake skin cowboy boots. I wore them with a pair of z-cavarici's underneath my gown at high school graduation...yee haw.
Hey, I liked the food. I think you should go as Rodeo Royalty for Halloween. I would love to see you with a big belt buckle and even bigger hair.
Chad wants to go to Vegas for the Bull Riders Championship. Not my idea of a "Getaway."
I'm with Carrie - the food looks like something I scraped off the bottom of my shoe recently! :)
come on. did you seriously say "yee haw?"
say it ain't so.
It looks like you had a lot of fun, but you always seem to be having a lot of fun! :) Looks like a great life.
Yeehah! Fun date, cowgirl!
How fun! Cute pix. And you are right...being a cowboy is a way of life. My cousins are cowboys/girls and it's a totally different world for sure!
What I remember about Poway is their big high school band. Diamond Bar's band was always second biggest to Poway. Sad I admit to knowing that fact. I was a total colorguard nerd.
Anyway, that had nothing to do with your post. Bet you love my comments, huh?
Post a Comment