It is every boy's dream to be surrounded by big screen T.V.s and 6 video game consoles. R.J. and his friends were in wii heaven! We had the "Game Truck" for R.J.'s birthday party. It was a party in a can. So simple! No set up, clean up and the kids were actually quiet and sat in one place for a couple of hours. All the boys had a blast.
The morning of his big day R.J. was awoken to the smells Chocolate Chip Pancakes and Bacon cooking. He was excited to eat on the "You Are Special Today!" plate. He couldn't wait to open his presents, he got a new outfit to wear to school. His main present would be opened at his birthday dinner. He was going to have to wait in suspense all day! I don't know if he was more embarrassed or happy to see the "Happy Birthday" posters on our gate. It is a community tradition to put posters on the gate for all to see for special occasions. That evening we went to R.J.'s pick to eat, B.J.'s. there he had his favorite Pizookie. At dinner we gave him his other present. We handed him two envelopes and he had to put a puzzle together to figure out what it was. A big smile spread across his face when he realized it had to do with the San Francisco, Giants. We got him tickets to the Giant's Opening Day, first home game of the season! Him and Rob fly out on April 9 to San Francisco. He was very happy! Later that night we sang happy birthday to him and had his favorite chocolate cake. Then we kept with tradition and I layed in bed with him and we looked at his baby book and I told him the story of his birth. As my boy layed his head on my shoulder I was amazed at how the time really does fly. And it's times like these when I wish I could turn back the clock to live some moments again!




0 comments:
Post a Comment