At the end of the year Mr. McGee (the band kid's band teacher) always invites the parents to spend the periodwith their kids. It give the parents an opportunity to fully experience what the kids do in class and to see how much they have really learned. Since R.J. and Madison both take band, I got to go twice! First, I went to Madison's class. She has really excelled at the clarinet. My
favorite song they played was "Love Me Tender". I had a good time watching her play, she made me promise not to laugh at
her when she squeaked! Then, I got to be with R.J. He too amazed me with his musical talent. My favorite song he played was the theme from "Chariots of Fire".
He even had a solo in one of the songs. I wish their Grandpa Hazen could have been there to watch them. He would have been so proud. I am so glad the kids have
a love for music and I hope they keep developing their talent for playing their instruments.

Thursday, March 25, 2010
"Band Class with the Kids"
Posted by Hazen5 at 12:41 PM
Labels: Madison 10', R.J. 10', SEMS Band
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment