We have been doing the same things for Easter since I can remember. Ever since I was little and even now that I am grown up with my own family, not much has changed with our traditions. And that's the way I like it! It all starts with finding the perfect Easter Outfit. The girl's dresses were a beautiful, spring combination of pink and green. And R.J.'s tie matched perfectly. Then, the decorating of the eggs. We still use PAAS Egg Dye. More dye gets on their hands then on the eggs. The next morning there is always excitement to see what the Bunny has left for us. Our Easter bunny always brings the kids a "Summer" themed basket. Once again there were new bathing suits, sandals and beach towels. I woke up to find my Easter goodies in a brand new Coach bag and Rob got a gift certificate for a massage in his! After our egg hunt we watched, "None Were With Him" a video with clips of the Savior put to the words from Elder Holland's talk. We wanted to make sure after all the fun and prizes the kids remember the true meaning of Easter. And really understand the atoning sacrifice the Savior made for each and everyone of us. To complete the day we went to Grandma & Grandpa's house. There we spent time with brothers, sisters, aunts. uncles and cousins. There was another huge Easter Egg hunt. Everyone wanted to find the Big Golden Egg with the cash but, the honor went to cousin Summer. It was a memorable day spent with family and for remembering the gift Christ gave to us!




14 comments:
Lovely traditions!!
I love that clip from Elder Holland's talk. I want a CD of it!
Love the dresses.
Love the traditions!
Now if only I can get the Easter Bunny to bring me a Coach bag next year... :)
this is so great. i really want our kids to get married now because i am guaranteed that my grandchildren will have awesome holidays rich in tradition.
This is why holidays are so fun.
And I love the girls' dresses.
You are just too awesome!
I love the girl's Easer dresses! SO CUTE!
I love the girls' dresses. Those are some great easter traditions.
I didn't get the polka dot memo for this year's dresses!!
At times like this, I really miss you. Really really really miss you.
Such great traditions & such cute kids!
Rob's Basket is Huge! Big Points for Rachel. The kids looked so beautiful/handsome in their Easter clothes.
Hmmm, I see nothing but sugar and caffeine in the Bish's basket...:)
I love the easter traditions! I think I'm going to continue the traditions with my family when I have kids.
Looks like a great day. This kids look amazing in their Easter Outfits. Love the photo collages!
I'm still jealous your Easter Basket was a friggin' Coach purse!
Hey, my kids think that Easter is just some chocolate and eggs! But, my sierra told me that one of her friends got a cell phone for easter. Sorry, this bunny I guess likes to give ya cavities instead of thins like cell phones. Jeeze.
Na, I do love the easter dresses! And I did get a butterfinger for eater!
Post a Comment