My parents always made sure we had fun adventures when we were younger. Whether it was at the beach, Yosemite, Irvine park, the Big Bear cabin, we were always exploring and learning something new. I want to instill this yearning for adventure in my kids as well. That's why we took my kids for the first time to one of our family's favorite museums, The Los Angeles Natural History Museum . It has been a while since I have been there and it has not changed one bit! My favorite part of the museum is the Habitat Halls that show African and North American mammals in their natural environments. The kids were in awe of the huge elephants that were right before their eyes. The kids loved the Discovery center. (This wasn't there when I was young.) The focus of the center is hands-on interactive learning. There were terrariums filled with live insects, reptiles and amphibians (yuck!) We also played "Paleontologists" and dug in the “dig pit” where the kids excavated fossils. It was so great to see my kids enjoy the museum as much as I did when I was little. And I am glad my mom and sister Marie were there to witness it too.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
"A Day at the Museum"
Posted by Hazen5 at 1:06 PM
Labels: Family Day Trips, Museums, Things My Mother Taught Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



13 comments:
what a stellar mommy you are!
so much fun!! i love hands on museums like that because they actually keep your attention. Your mom is looking great, tell your parents Hi for me, i miss them!!
Cool adventure!
I'd love to shop with you anytime. We could do some serious damage, I mean boost the economy.
What is it about Museums, especially hands on ones that are just so much fun! Not just for kids, but for parents as well.
What fun! But something tells me I should just stick to Disneyland for a while... :)
My uncle killed and skinned one of the rabbits on display there. 50 years ago. It is a source of family pride.
Cool! Sounds like fun. My kids love doing things like that.
As opposed to "Night at the Museum."
I loved the museum growing up.
Can't wait to go back. Glad you had a great time.
I am going to Denver this weekend to spend my Nordstrom gift! Yay!
Robin,
Have a blast in Denver! Can't wait to see what you buy.
Family fun time is the best. Don't you just love Spring Break!
My boys would LOVE to visit the, "dig pit"!
What a great museum. I loved Nor's comment...you know museum royalty.
Hands on museums are the best. How fun!
Post a Comment