Wednesday, December 31, 2008

"Christmas: Take One!"

We had a "trial run" Christmas Eve before we left for Utah.  Due to the lack of room in the car and not wanting to drag our gifts to and fro we decided to have an early Christmas Eve.  That night we went and saw "The Nutcracker Ballet" then went out to dinner.  The kids were so excited to get home to open their gifts, they thought they were so lucky to be able to receive their presents early.  We made sure the kids understood that Santa would be bringing them a few more presents on the "Real" Christmas Eve.  One of our Christmas traditions the kids really look forward to is Home-made Christmas P.J.s!  R.J.'s were a baseball print and the girl's had a matching pink  kitten print.  I think I did a pretty good job sewing them (thanks for the help Allison).   I think the kids hit a record this year with opening their gifts, I think they finished, cleaned up and started playing with their loot in a matter of 10 minutes flat.  And all that wrapping took 3 long nights!  The kids really appreciated all their gifts.  Madison is going to become a great photographer with the new digital camera.  I should have thought twice about the ipod Payton recieved, she sure sings loud!  And R.J. is going to get a jump start with baseball this season, he was thrilled to open an envelope that held the registration form for the baseball camp at BYU.  And Rob wanted to start cooking that night with the Wusthof Knife set I got him.  I was content just staring at my Stretched Canvas Family Portrait Rob gave me, imagining how it's going to look framed and above my fire place!  My favorite gift to the family was a blog book, It contained all our family's blogs since I started in August 2007 till the year 2008'.  Next Christmas I plan on giving them 2008' blog book.  It's so neat to see their faces while they read, it makes such a great family journal!  This was a fun trial Christmas eve, but we now can't wait for the real one! 

16 comments:

Sweetbean13 said...

I love the Christmas card...you guys are so glam...love it. And my kids always love the beach scene. Hope RJ has tons of fun at basketball camp...I totally had a blast at swimcamp. BYU rocks!

And there are always cute girls there!

Oh darn, this is Alissa here, I always forget to sign in. My daughter Sierra has a blogger account too!

Lauren in GA said...

So, fun! I love how happy everyone is!

That picture is going to be so gorgeous above the fireplace!

Did you make your blog book through blurb?

Kim Walus said...

Yes, tell us where did you have your blog printed and were you happy with how it turned out? Take some more pics of it and blog about it if you can. I'd love to see more.It looks like you all had a special Christmas. I loved the family picture.

Hope you're having a great New Year's Eve. All the best in 2009!!!

Hugs, Kim

Jenibelle said...

I have to come down so you can help pathetically challenged me do a blog book, I tried, couldn't figure it out!!

Tristan said...

A blog book is a perfect Christmas gift!! Have a fun and safe trip in Utah!

April said...

Yep, I have the same question: how to I turn this blog into a book? If you can give me a step by step please let me know. I need to start printing it off. Rachel! We are going to stay in Carlsbad for 3 days we are only going to Lego-land for one day a beach/aquairame for one day and just look around. Carlsbad is my old Mission. I served in Poway, Rancho Menisquitos, San Clemente, Laguna Negail (sp?), Mission Viejo, Oceanside and so forth. It there is a place we could hook up, let me know. Just give me an e-mail. Just ask Heidi...she has my e-mail address.
April

Michele said...

What wonderful Christmas memories. I love the blog book. I took a peak at it when I broke in your house to pick up your stockings for you.
I can just imagine P Doty singing around the house with her new ipod.
Movies today?

Anonymous said...

I love Christmas so much.I love my ipod sooooo much. I really scream out loud. Also I will tell you one thing what I scream out. All the single latys all the single ladys. Love, Payton

Ashley Clark said...

Rachel--you. are. hot. Where do you get all those adorable cap sleeve dresses? They are impossible to find in Seattle. Please do share you secrets!

Audry said...

Looks like everyone was happy.

Nortorious said...

The hard thing about electronics is the little packages they come in, though they cost so much. Glad your kiddies appreciate them!
I'm going to do faux Christmas next year so everybody's hair looks as cute as your kids.

shayla said...

Payton is a total crack up. Does she log in and leave those comments herself? LOve it. Did you use blurb.com? And did you load your original pictures from your computer files, or did you upload them directly from your blog? I want to see how it turned out!

queenieweenie said...

The worst part of Christmas was that you guys went away! Waaaa.

Michelle Baird Designs said...

Looks like Christmas was a hit. Tell more about the blog book. Does it look nice? How many pages id it? Did you get one for each kid?I may need to call you ask you about it. I also want to publish our blog, but want to know first.

Michelle Baird Designs said...

I just got back the 2nd Christmas card I sent you. I must have two wrong addresses! So sorry. I feel really guilty, because I gave Brandie one of the addresses and it must be wrong. I's so mad at myself.

Michelle said...

What a great idea, Rach. Can't wait to hear about your trip.