I was asked the question, "What are you going to do with all your "Free Time" now that all your kids are in school full time?" too many times! It made me really think, "What am I going to do with all my time?" To tell you the truth, it's really not that much "Free Time" and I found plenty of things to do. But, I also got something I haven't had in a very long time...A JOB! Okay, I am not really part of the work force, I only work two hours a day, twice a week. But, I do get a paycheck, so to me that's a job. I work at the kids elementary school as a glorified "Cruise Director". The principal approached me one day and said she had me in mind for a job on campus I'd be perfect for. (She really knew how to Woo me...with compliments!) My job title is, Eagle Play Coordinator. Eagle Play is a program that promotes organized fun, fitness and safety for every child at school. I plan the Lunch Time Recess Extracurricular Activities, prepare the monthly activity schedule, coordinate and prepare the parent volunteer schedule and just simply play with the students. Best of all, I get to spend this time with my girls and get to know all their friends. I also feel like a Rock Star when I step onto the campus, the
kids get so excited when they know it's "Eagle Play Day". We have a great time playing games such as, The Blob, Crab Soccer, Kick Ball and Red Light-Green Light. This job makes me feel like a kid again but, sometimes I do have to tone down my enthusiasm, I pegged a boy in the head during a round of "Boys vs. Girls Dodge Ball last week. So, here is the answer to that question, "What am I doing with all my free time?", having FUN!
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
"She Works Hard for the Money!"
Posted by Hazen5 at 4:10 PM
Labels: Job, Rachel 08'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

18 comments:
That sounds perfect for you!
Can you bring Eagle Play Day to my house? Me and my kids need help!
That is so great!! You better believe that when my baby goes to school I will be first in line for a job at the school...even if it's "lunch lady", ok, maybe not lunch lady...
I think that really is a great opportunity for you!
hee hee, so cute! Poor kid, hope he doesn't have brain lesions now! :)
That sounds like so much fun! You are perfect for this job...or should I say FUN!
You are too cute, even in your neon vest.
That job IS perfect for you. You are so much fun! :)
That is really, really awesome! I love that you get to feel like a rock star, too. Every mom needs that ☺ !
Diane, I even got to choose the color of my Neon Vest! I have Neon Field Cones to match!
i am dying laughing right now at the song, and the fact that you pegged a boy in the head!
you go girl!!!!
xo amanda
Hey that is my kind of job! Sounds like fun and you get paid.
You have the gall to tell me that I'm the coolest mom? Look at you! Playing with your kids at home, AND at school. Doesn't get cooler than that. You are so awesome!
This is such a coincidence, last night I was on visits for my calling and I talked with a mother who now has all of her kids in school and got a similar job. I think it all sounds fantastic!
SO...did you go to the principal's office for playing too rough? HILARIOUS! What a cool gig! I NEVER questioned what you were gonna do with all your "free time"...I'm sure by the time you get them to school, clean-up the mornings tornado, shower, go play at recess, your day is up.
I want a similar job in a couple years! Perfect. I'll bet you're raking in the dough, too, huh?!
Like I've told you..I'm so proud...and I can't imagine a worse he** than playing on a hot playground with stinky kids.
Opposites attract???
Welcome to the "work force"
Now that sounds like a great job. Congrats.
Eagle Play is the best! You do such a great job with those kids.
Post a Comment