The morning after Payton got her Hearing Helpers, I woke her up and handed her the box that held them so she could put them on. Inside that box she found a note that read,
"Once upon a time there was a poor little girl that had hearing problems as she was growing up. Oh, it was so sad because all
her friends and family said magnificent things about her, but she never got to hear. Her parents tried many ways to help her. Finally, when she was 6 years old her parents found a possible solution, Hearing Helpers! She tried some and
they were great. So, she soon got some. They were very pretty too, pink with sparkles. When the little girl took them home for the first time, she found out an amazing secret about them. They were... MAGIC! They had the power to turn her into the greatest Super Hero: Bionic Ear Girl! She had great hearing and she saves the world. So, if you ever doubt yourself, think of Bionic Ear Girl and remember that you can overcome even your biggest challenges!"
Love, Madison
Payton could not wipe the smile from her face. Her sweet sister Madison had wrote this letter all on her own. Once again the water works turned on for Rob and I. It touches our heart to know how much Madison loves and worries about her siblings. It made Payton's morning and she was ready to Save the World!

25 comments:
That is really special! It makes me happy to know that they have such a great relationship as sisters. What a blessing for them and for your family!
That makes me teary!! You tell Miss Pay to give her Aunt a call so she can hear me loud and clear while we talk!!!
She is a very sweet and sensitive big sister.
Payton and Maddie
If there are misspellings on this comment, it's because Grandpa can't see the key board ... must be seasonal allergies as Grandpa's aren't supposed to cry. But, this Grandpa is going to break the rules about crying over such a tender sweet loving tribute to your sister.
What a great example of how well your Mom and Dad have instilled the natural love for each member in your family. I'm so proud of all of you!
Grandpa
OK. Now it's time to wipe my tears!!! That is SO tender.
you and rob are obviously doing something right to have raised such a sweet, sensitive, loving girl.
i am actually crying. not just misty eyed, but crying.
how do you manage to have such amazing children? when do they fight? when do they namecall?
they are unbelievable and i love them. i have to go blow my nose now.
Maddie actually you saved the day! you made me not be scared going to school for the first time at school with them.
I'm with Andrea. ACTUAL tears over here.
Such sweet girls. I love it.
And Papa Nachos comments are always my favorite. If the post doesn't make me cry, his comment probably will.
I too am totally crying!! That is seriously the sweetest story! Such sweet girls! Madison must get her nurturing gene from you!
AAAWWW! ;)
Madison and Payton having read your best seller story, Grandma and I could not stop the tears.
We are so pleased and blessed to have such amazing and special grandchildren such as you.
Madison, you have given us the perfect example of compassion and love that every family should have. We see it in you children every day.
Love always, Grampi and Grami Melendez
i was talking about this with skyler last night. we were watching america's funniest home videos and all these little girls were throwing fits and yelling. I was like skyler, i hope when we have a girl she turns out like madison becuase she is the sweetest girl and never acts like a little diva. She really is such an amazing little girl and sister. I am so proud of madison and the wonderful girl she is growing up to be!!
Pure love!!! You have such precious little angels!
Besides having a sweet story, Mom had to add the music. This had all the makings for a beautiful tender post. Payton you will tell this story to your children. I love you.
What sweet girls you have! I love that they are so good to each other.
I SOOOOOOO hope my kids will be like that....
Maddie and Pay Pay you two are both so sweet. I can't wait to see you this summer.
That is so sweet and tender.
Loved your interview on Gabi's blog, so here I am again...
This is the SWEETEST thing EVER!!! I'm seriously dying. You must be the proudest little mama ever!
I am crying. What a lovely letter. Madison is a wonderful sister.
*sniff*
It feels so great to catch up on all of the posts that I have missed!
I want to thank you for all of your kind words of love and encouragement to me and your generosity, too. Thank you for everything.
That is a special letter. I can't wait to have my precious nieces and nephew stay with me this weekend.
We are going to have so much fun!
Hugs,
Aunt Michele
Too sweet. What a great girl.
What a sweet sister! She is lucky to have her! Tell her Cousin Vince will be getting a hearing helper. A gun went off accidently right next to his ear while he was in Alaska. He hasn't been able to hear out of it since. He sees the doctor next week. Maybe they will match!
That made me all teary, too. What a sweet, sweet girl you have! I'm still waiting for your blog post where you tell us all your parenting secrets to raising amazing children!
that is so precious. I love when my kids do sweet little thoughtful things for each other.
Post a Comment