Monday, June 1, 2009

"Mother's Day 2009"

It was a good day!  The kids and Rob went out of their
 way to make this Mother's Day a special one.  I was forced to stay in bed so I could be surprised with a delicious breakfast of Breakfast Burritos.  Then, I was showered with gifts from the kids made at school with love.  Rob shocked me with his gift... a new Cannon Camera (to replace the one that was stolen on the cruise)! 
 It was also a good day because R.J. was asked to give his first talk in Sacrament.  He was assigned to
 speak on "How he honors his Priesthood by honoring his Mother & Father".  He prepared the talk all on his own with only a little help from Grandpa Melendez because, he wanted me to hear it for the first time 
during 
Sacrament.  Of course he made me cry, he was defiantly prepared and made plenty of eye contact.  Mother's Day would not have been complete without being with my own mother, so we headed to her house after church.  We had a big Bar-B-Q with the whole family!  I can't complain, it was a perfect day spent with the people I love.  

13 comments:

Tristan said...

Was this a re-post? Lucky you on getting a replacement camera though!

diane said...

Your dress is so cute as are you.

Annemarie said...

Sounds like they treated you right!

queenieweenie said...

Better than mine-lucky you :)

Michele said...

R.J. made me cry too. What a beautiful Mother's Day tribute.

Karyn Parry said...

R.J. did a great job on his talk. It is strange to see these kids who are no longer LITTLE around in the church. It is getting to be a great full youth. I loved seeing him up on the stand.

Glad your day was great!

Erin said...

Yay for new cameras! Sounds like you had a wonderful day. You deserved it.

Audry said...

Hope you have lots of fun with your new camera. We got one last year before we went to Europe. We love it.

Lisa-Marie said...

You deserved a special day. You are one star mommy!

Hollyween said...

How sweet that you got a Mother's Day tribute. And I second what Diane said: Love the dress!

Hazen5 said...

The Dress: The very Modest and cute Down East Outfitters!

Bridget said...

How fun. And you were wearing such a cute summer dress!

Lauren in GA said...

I love that RJ made you cry...well, you know what I mean...tears of happiness!