Rob once told our kids, "The reason they call it jam is because, you put it on toast then you JAM it in your mouth!" And he was right.
I love fresh, homemade Jam. This summer I was determined to finally learn how to make it. Allison took on this challenge with me and early one morning we set out to accomplish this goal. We washed and cut and squashed and boiled and stirred and taste tested till we got it just right. We had so many berries, we made a ton of jam and are happy to say our freezers are stocked full hopefully till next strawberry season. I actually feel proud I made some fresh Jam with my very own hands it turned out to be pretty easy and it was fun to do!


16 comments:
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! I can practically taste it. I agree, there is nothing like homemade jam.
What makes it even sweeter (heh, heh, heh...pun intended) is that YOU made it!!
It all looks wonderful. I have another JAM suggestion for you! Our family favorite is Raspberry Peach Jam and is the yummiest! I have the recipe on my blog too if you want it.
I should really try that some day, or I can con you out of a jar.
Oh look at those strawberries!! YUM! I might just miss those the most about California. They are just not the same anywhere else!
I've always loved making jam. My mom taught me how when I was a little girl, just like her mom taught her. Every year when fruit comes into season (strawberries, peaches, pears, apricots, whatever) I get so excited to start making jam again. Sometimes mom comes down and we make a party of it. :)
Yeah, it will last you all of a month if your family is as piggy as mine. I made some in April and it's almost time to make it again. It KILLS me how fast we went through it. But it is so, so good.
You could have made jam with me last year! I even drove up to Oxnard to get me some berries - they were the best strawberries I have ever tasted!
Yum!! Well done.
So fun...can't wait till we find something else to "jam".
Oh yum! I am sooooo bummed because I missed out on making jam during FL strawberry season. And now the berries we are getting from CA aren't looking as nice. Maybe next year????
I want to jam some in my mouth right now.
I had so much fun with you guys last week!!
yum, i loved making jam when i was little, sooo good. i'll come visit just for some jam!!
Where is my jar sista. Glad you had fun. Looks Delish.
So, when is your next Jam Session?
Oh, I crack myself up.
yum. so when can we taste the yummy jam? Hoping all is well with you. If you like homemade grape jelly, just let me know. Every year, 52 pints of it. and every year I'm out by the end of September. Not to mention the spag sauce, chilie sauce, and the grape juice, zucchini slices, fridge pickles, red potatoes out of the garden, beans, beans, and nothing but beans, maters as in ta-maters....ahh canning it is fun to taste the fruits of your labors
Now I must go and make myself some toast... sadly it will be lacking since my jam is not homemade. I need to get on the jam train.
Post a Comment