Saturday, January 8, 2011

"Perfect"

  She is Perfect today!  Payton was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  It was a day she has long been anticipating.  Since the morning we were all reminded how many hours it was till she stepped into the warm font.  I have to admit, her excitement was infectious and I too were watching the hands on the clock.  My last one, my baby was finally going to be baptized.  She was the only one from our ward to be baptized this day.  She was a little disappointed not being baptized the year she turned 8 (December 29, 2010).  But, that changed when I told her, "You are going to be the first lucky girl to be baptized and confirmed for the 2011 year!" 
  It was a good day!  I loved helping her get dressed into the sweet, white dress My mom and I sewed for her to be baptized in.  I gave her the special pearl necklace and bracelet we bought just for this occasion.  She looked like an angel! 
  Payton was surrounded by so many family and friends.  Her face lit up when she turned around from the the front row where she was seated during the baptism.  There was standing room only in the Relief Society Room, they were all there because they love her.  It was evident in her eyes, I know she felt it. The program was planned all by Payton. She asked each of her Grand Mothers to say the Prayers and Her Grand Fathers to Witness her baptism.  All her cousins sang a special musical number, "Hear Him".  Payton had her favorite teacher Aline Memmot give the talk on Baptism.  After the talk it was time to be baptized.  Her daddy took her hand and led her into the font.  She couldn't stop that smile!  But keeping with tradition, she needed to be dunked twice.  Same as her big brother and big sister.  She didn't mind though.  Tears sprang to my eyes as I watched this special ordinance, She was Perfect!  After I scooped her up into her baptism towel and gave her a big hug.  I was glad to have this special moment alone just the two of us, to tell her how much I love her and how proud of her I was.
   Aunt Michele gave the talk on the Holy Ghost.  Payton was so happy when Aunt Michele wrapped a beautiful, soft white Blanket around her and said, "This is how the Holy Ghost Feels, He will always be there to comfort you if you keep the covenants you made today!"  Then, all the special men in her life surrounded her and laid their hands on her head and her Daddy confirmed her a member of the church and said, "Receive the Holy Ghost".  It was beautiful, Rob composed himself the best he could and said such wonderful things to Payton.  No one there could deny the spirit felt in that room.  I was so proud of Payton for inviting a few non-member friends.  I hope they felt it too! 
  After we had a Party to celebrate the day. The house was filled love, happiness and laughter.  Just the way we like it!  Later, Payton finally received her own precious set of scriptures with her name on them.  And right before bed, Daddy gave her a special book that he read to her about all the White dresses she will wear in her life.  It was a great day I know she'll always remember.   

0 comments: