Saturday, June 11, 2011

"38 Years Young"








Rob finally caught up to me, he just turned 38!  I wanted to celebrate him and make sure he knows what a great hubby and father he is to our little family.  He's been swamped at work and been busy at church, he was in great need of a little R&R.  Palm Desert was just the destination to give it him, Sleeping in, basking in the warm sun and eating whatever he chose was the perfect plan.  We stayed at the Hyatt Grand Champions Resort.  We went with the Weenigs, Rob and Allison are "birthday buddies" with a birthday a day apart!  We have been celebrating together for the past 6 years.  It was a blast spending 3 computer-less, calendar-less, Schedule-less days together.  The hi-light of the trip was our bike ride to breakfast.  It was so freeing, I felt like a kid again! Rob even acted like one, I think a little too much.  He took a spill on the bike and got a big raspberry on his knee.  But, that didn't slow him down at all.  I was impressed that Allison and I actually kept up with those boys.  On Rob's birthday he got to do one of his favorite things, GOLF!  And then he completed his day by eating at his most favorite restaurant, Morton's.  It was a good weekend, I just hope I did enough for my boy to let him know how special he is to me.  Can't wait till next year! 

0 comments: