I am one year older and wiser too! At least I'd like to think so. This year when ever anyone asked how old I was turning I proudly said, 38! Come to find out after telling another person in front of Rob, he pointed out my mistake, "Rach, you are only going to be 37." Finding out I am a year younger than I thought was a wonderful gift to myself!

I did have a great birthday! My friends planned a breakfast for me at one of my favorite restaurants. My kids surprised me with a delicious Chocolate Cake they made ALL by themselves. R.J. was so proud of his idea to put chocolate bar shavings on the top. They also composed a sweet blog post with notes from each of them. I am finally starting to understand why my parents always say, "Don't get me anything for my birthday, all I want from you is a Love Note". It's true, there is nothing better than reading a "Love Note" from your child. It's what I am going to ask for every year. I must be getting old! That night the family treated me to a special dinner out to celebrate. No cooking for me on my day! Rob also planned a trip for us back to my most favorite place to visit, New York City. We leave in a couple of weeks, and I am counting the days. I am happy to get older, I don't mind the age. I feel the more the years pass, the more I have earned my happy life and the worry wrinkles around my eyes. Bring on 40, I am ready!


14 comments:
I'm happy that you had such a great birthday! How fun that you get to go to NYC!!
Mmmm chocolate cake. Your kids are awesome.
I would not have missed such a fun celebration - your birthday was really great and your cute kids sure made it extra special!
Growing older...and wiser...I pray that that will happen for me. Your family is beautiful. you are beautiful, and dear cousin...you are the family man. My heart goes to all of you in Cali. Loves to you all.
Happy birthday to you! And say hi to my favorite city while you're there. :-)
I think that was a really great gift finding out that you were really 37 not 38. Happy Birthday to you! It looks like a wonderful day and enjoy you're trip to New York. It will be a blast.
i am cracking up that you didn't know your own age. some people may call that "early signs of senility".
glad you had a great one. you deserve it!
Happy Birthday gorgeous. That cake looks scrumptious.
I love that you were a year off...wish I was ;)
GLad it was such a fabulous b-day!
I was going to say that maybe the mind is going since you can't remember how old you are...but the ever witty Andrea beat me to it. I am 39, now...wish I could forget ;)
Glad you had a Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy your trip!!
You are killing me- you got your age wrong?!?
glad your birthday was great!
You are and always will be my Cougar.
Counting the days!!!!
8 more to go!!!!
Happy Birthday! NY again? Lucky girl! When do we get to go with you? So, did you move off of Orion Way? Your address was different on your card and my genius brain put two and two together...aren't I smart? Man, looking at those birthday friend pictures makes me so sad I am not there with you all. Miss you much, much, much!
Post a Comment